Don't Leave Me

Cole's POV

Its been a week, and my beautiful Calla is still unconscious. She still has the occasional spasm, but most of the time is lies there, motionless. I keep in contact all the time, even while asleep, making sure she doesn't just slip from my grasp into heaven. When she has the spasms she sometimes leaves, but she mostly is holding up OK. It makes me sick, knowing there's nothing i can do. She talks to me, making sure i know shes still there, or whats left of her. She says that it will get better than worse, and she may not get through this. I'm trying my hardest to help her.

I sat with my head in my hands, a usual stance for me at the moment, as I refuse to leave Calla's room. She blocked her mind link, and that's not like her. I sat there, desperatelytrying to reach her, panic rising up my spine as the thought that something was wrong devoured me. 

"Matron! Matron! Come quickly!" i said, realising i couldn't do anything, but she could. She ran into the room, tensed and ready for action. when she saw Calla on the bed, she straightened up. 

"What ever is wrong, Master Cole?" she said, surprised I'd called her for no reason.

"It's Calla. I can't feel her. She's blocked her mind link and I can't feel her. Do you think somethings happened?" i asked panicky.

"That's new. I'll try see if shes waking up, maybe that's what this change is" she said, walking over to Calla's side and doing a couple of tests. When nothing happened, she  slumped back in a chair and sighed, running her fingers through her hair. 

"You know what Cole? This time I actually don't know whats going on" she said quietly.

"What do you mean?" i said, wondering what she was talking about.

"Calla, I mean. I've never seen anyone live through this curse, but it doesn't mean there might not be a person who can live through it. I mean, Calla's got her powers, which are stopping the curse from spreading. We should be glad that we have had her this long" she said sadly.

"Glad we had her this long? What are you meaning there, Matron?" i said, sitting up, suddenly interested in her comment. She swallowed, looking at me uneasily and threading her hands together on her knees, she looked me in the eyes.

"i think we need to think about the possibility that Calla might not survive. If she does die, we need you to be ready so I doesn't hit you too hard" she said. I couldn't believe what i was hearing. She was giving up on Calla. I ripped my hands from hers, getting up from the chair and walking to the window, placing my hands on my head with disbelief. 

"I can't believe your giving up on her! After all she has done!" i shouted at her. She flinched back in her chair, and I stormed forward, placing a hand on both arms of her chair, narrowly missing her arms. 

"I'm not giving up, Master Cole. I'm just simpily suggesting that we should consider-" she began.

"Shut up! Shut up! I don't want to hear another word!" i interrupted, placing my hands to my head in frustration. I started to cry, and ran to Calla's side, shaking her, demanding she got up. Her body stayed motionless and I cried into her shoulder. I could feel her soft, weak breath of my ear. The weakness of her made my heart crumple.

"I'll leave you to consider your options, Master Cole" Matron said polietly, leaving the room quickly. I cried loudly into Calla, and through sobs I could hear Matron speaking to a concerned person outside the door. I wouldn't let her die. I couldn't. 

"Please. Calla. Wake up. Baby wake up. Don't leave me. Please don't leave me" i whispered into her neck, my words breaking at the end. I heard the door open, and looked up, not even attempting to growl. 

"Max" i said quickly, looking his direction for a second, only to look back to Calla. 

"Cole. There's been a letter. They know about Calla. They aren't going to hurt her, because they know she is ill and they couldn't save her, but when she does wake up, they are attacking" Max said confidently. I looked at him, wondering why he was telling the broken down Alpha when there was a fully recovered Alpha down the hall. And of course he was a Alpha as well. 

"I'm leaving. I will make the rogues look like they have a advantage, going outside and letting them take me. They will leave Calla alone for the start, hoping she will come after me. That will buy you time." he said.

"You can-" i started to say, before he interrupted me. 

"Don't even think about telling me not to, because I want to help Calla. I love Calla still, and I will stop at nothing to help her stay alive. When she's awake and safe, i'll try make my escape, and make a pack around this area. So I can protect Calla." he interrupted. Without waiting for a answer, he walked out of the room, and I listened to his footsteps walking down the marble staircase and stood frozen in shock. I walked over to the window, seeing him walking out over the green fields. I saw him walk to the tree line, and and group of men run out, dragging him into the darkness. Why Max? Why did he have to do something so stupid when there was only a chance that Calla might live? If Calla died, what would happen to him? It also gave me hope that Calla would survive. If Max could believe Calla would survive, why was I so hesitant now Matron said those things?