Blood-Red Infection

"Destery? Honey, I'm here." My Mum exerted, and my vision cleared as I recalled my strange experience. Strange to say the least. 

"Mum?" I mumbled, and it hurt to speak. I found myself laying on my bed with my head propped up and a cup of tea on my bedside table. 

"Des, I'm here. Always here. Speak to me, how do you feel? Does your head hurt?" My Mum rushed, the first time she's seemed to care.

"My head hurts..." I realised, noticing the throbbing in my temple. "Mum, what happened out there?" Confused, I sat up carefully and grabbed my tea to steady myself. Trauma sweeping over me.

"I should have believed you when you said you didn't want to go back. Sweetness, something seemed to possess you." Mum soothed, sweeping stray hairs from my sweaty forehead, but before I could say anything further, she carried on. "We can get help. I've called a couple of people from the Yellowpages, you're going to be alright." She embraced me carefully.

"But Mum... How is this going to go away? I can't live with this. Something's taking over me, and i don't like it." I started crying, Mum held me tighter.

"I'm here for you 100%, Des. We are going to fix you." I felt her smile as she let go, "Get some sleep, dream it off. If that doesn't work, use your Piano method." She smiled again and left silently.

Sighing, I sipped my tea and tried to comprehend my situation.

Something in the woods is stealing every piece of me, I thought, it started with my sanity, but now my entire being? This is getting ridiculous... But I guess the whole concept is ridiculous. Frustrated, I sipped down the rest of the tea before making my way to my piano.

 ~~~

For the whole night, I played quietly, absorbing my thoughts into the keys. There was no point in trying to sleep, the nightmares were bound to appear. Of course, I would try at some point, but I know my piano playing helps everyone sleep. If anything fortunate has happened today, it's knowing that my parents believe me. It may be small, but I guess it means the world to have my parents once again behind my back. However, what is going to happen to Niall? Is he going to get ignored? Pushed away? Rejected? God knows.