Blood-Red Wolf

"Here, put these on." I threw some old jeans, black top and red jacket to her. I did the same, pretty much. We both got undressed in front of each other in a hurry, we didn't care for looking, despite the inner bisexual wanting too. I was too pumped, I needed to go.

"So, down the road and through the clearing?" I nodded, and buttoned my black skinners up. "Where's the camcorder?" She asked, and I pointed to a red dresser. She walked over and grabbed it, I can't believe we were carrying this through.

"Come on! Quietly, Niall's getting changed, Mum and Dad will both be in there." I hushed, and opened my black painted door, and lead her through the corridor, and down the stairs. Right in front of us was the door. What if I never came back? You don't ever need to come back. Carrie opened the door. "Stop it!" I spoke out loud, meaning to speak to my own mind. Carrie looked at me with an odd expression on her face.

I shook it off, and closed the door behind it. We ran, once again. Was that only this morning? This was different, though. The wind blowing through my curls made me only too certain that I wanted to be in the woods. It was like everything was in slow motion... my feet made a steady pat.... pat.... pat in a rhythm all too slow in my mind. We weren't getting there quick enough... the voices were telling me to run faster.

"Carrie... the voices... faster!" I panted, and she only held a cry.
Let her cry.
No! I'm putting her through way too much! 
Shut up and run, soon you'll be amongst us.

I smiled as I ran faster, and I could see the gap in the trees ahead. I actually laughed as I ran my hand through the bushes even though I could feel the blood dripping from the thorns. Carrie didn't notice.

"Coming up! So close!" I laughed hysterically, and sprinted the last few meters. HALT! Skidding, I turned into the lush, green woodland.

Remember when this was grey and frightening?
Standing in the middle, I answered.
Of course.
It's your life force that's changed that. You are the woods.
Oh right...
Ever heard of Red Riding Hood?
What a silly question... of course. It's my life, it's my favourite fairy-tale.
What if Red... was the wolf?
It'd be a nice twist.....

The shadows started to surround me and Carrie, and I saw Carrie gulp before flipping the camera on. This was it.

It's not a twist.
Yes, it is...
Destery, where did you get that cloak?
Here... oh. 

Realisation hit me.

Destery... the voices joined the shadows, instead of in my head, a shadow formed as a silhouette as my own body on the ground, before blanking my vision. You are the wolf.

The fits started, and I heard Carrie gasp. It wasn't long before I was on the floor, crying in pure pain as my stomach churned. My own body parts started flying, moving before I was on all fours. Like a wolf. I was slipping away, and with an imitation of a howl, my thoughts blanked.