Blood-Red Terror

Dedicated to one of my most loyal fans <3

'Gerard! For goodness sake! Hurry up!" I yelled, keeping up a pace as we both sprinted to the woods. Why did she do this? I thought she didn't want to go back?

"Okay, calm down." Gerard panted, unfit.

"Calm down? CALM DOWN!? How am I suppose to CALM DOWN, Gerard?" My cheeks flushed in anger, and I was quickly running out of stamina. 

Gerard didn't reply, but as we turned the corner so we could see the clearing, we could both hear burdening screaming. Each one pierced the air like a thousand bullets, and I recognised my daughter's cries immediately. My feet seemed to move without even thinking.

My feet skidded as I nearly missed the opening, and we ran through the trees into the clearing. Surely enough, Destery was throwing herself around whilst screaming hymns. We both stopped dead, in blind panic. 

Gerard whispered, "What shall I do?"

I took a gulp, and stepped back towards my husband. We both just stared blankly at what was our daughter. "Call an ambulance. I don't think we can do anything right now." 

I heard him sigh, and get his phone out. I can't do anything. Sinking to the ground, and closed my eyes ad tried to block out the sounds of my own daughter screaming out in what sounded like pain. What does this spirit want? What can it possibly want with someone as innocent and sweet as my precious daughter?

~~~~~

Destery's P.O.V:

My vision appeared at slits, and every bone and muscle in my body yelled and screamed at me to go back to sleep. But, why were the walls heavenly white? Why could I smell the putant smell of medicines? Why was there an eerie beeping to my left ear?

"Dad? Mum?" My voice croaked, and I ultimately decided to speak as little as possible. I lifted my hands, my left one with a form on needle in it. Ew. I hate needles. My arms were bruised, some green and one or two purple. Was this what happened in the woods?

"Baby!" Mum gasped, and she appeared through the door. Yes, definitely a hospital. She sat on the chair to my right, and grabbed my good hand. 

"mu-" My voice cracked, so I tried to cough and started again, "Mum, w-what?" I stared into her eyes, and she only gave a little smile while rubbing my knuckled with her thumb.

"We found you, we're so glad you're okay. We called 9-9-9 straight away, but we couldn't do anything. I wish, by all the angels in heaven, that I could have done something to stop that... Honey, at least you're okay now. You only had to have three butterfly stitches, but you're going to stay here until you fully recover." Mum smiled, clearly happy she'd let it all out. I just sighed, and couldn't help but feel sorry for myself.

"Can I sleep please?" I tried to say, but it came out cracked and manly. Mum understood though, and gave me an awkward hug before leaving.

I turned over, and let the drugs lull me into sleep.

The trees were closing in on me, but I kept running. Just keep running. My feet fell through the gaping holes in the ground, but I kept sprinting to the never growing orb of lamppost. I wasn't gaining any closer to safety, and the shadows were coming closer. Looking in all directions, I panicked and tried to find an alternate path. I saw a path to my left, and made my way to it. I looked back, and the hanging sun was gone behind the ascending shadows. I yelped, as I wasn't looking I had tripped over a drip in the ground. No, no, no, NO! Not now! Scrambling to my feet, I felt like a rabbit fleeing from the fox. Luckily, I got up just before the shadows took me. I couldn't have any more slip-ups. My hood was pulled down my the twigs, and my feet sunk into mud with each step. I should have gone straight on. TRIP. It was over. On the floor, I turned to my back and watched in horror as the darkness crawled onto me. Cold, numb. I heard two lines sung in a sing-song voice, supposedly by a little girl, before it took me. 

If you go down the woods today, you may get a little surprise.
Little Red Riding Hood, you're the Big Bad Wolf... no more lies.

 I bolted upright.