Blood-Red Death

I woke up, and I knew something had changed. My body was cold, despite my warm covers... My fingers were twitchy, my hairs on end, and my ears prickled at every minute sound. The sun was bright, but I could tell it wasn't quite midday... A cat meowed next door, and I could hear it. I couldn't help it... but, was this the wolf kicking in.

No, I can't think that way. I'm not a wolf. I'm Destery. A normal girl, just like....

"Carrie?" I asked, wondering where she was. The house was quiet, and I figured that if I could hear a cat mewing next door then I'd be able to hear my family talking.

I moved onto my elbows and squinted like it was going to help me hear. My sight appeared as stars due to the quick movement, and my head seemed to fizz. I exhaled in pain and hoped it would clear up. I put my hand to my forehead and closed my eyes as they started to clear up. Suddenly, when I shut my eyes, I could see nothing but darkness. In shock, fear and surprise I opened them quickly to find everything in high definition. It was like youtube, and I'd moved from 350p to 720p. My red walls were crimson, my black walls were now opal and much like a dark abyss. What's happened to me? I'm scared.

I literally jumped from my bed, and my pain seemed to be twice as much agony. Instead of fleeing from my room, I stood still in pure frustration at the pain. Stuff it the voice inside my head told me, and I obeyed it. I trooped on, scared but obliged... committed. I opened my door without thought and started running down the hall. My feet were either heavier, or my ears were picking up every thud they made as they connected with the ground.

THUD. I wasn't concentrating and I fell as I turned the corner to the stairs. My face slammed against the cream carpet, and I winced. Get up Destery. A voice from no-where told me, and it wasn't from my head. It was like it was coming from downstairs. I took a deep breath with concentration painted onto my once beautiful featured as I hauled myself from the ground.

"I'm not scared!" I shouted to that voice, just like in the woods those weeks or months ago. 

Yes you are. It laughed. I scowled.

"No I am not! I'm coming to find you. Where is my family?" I yelled to it, as I galloped down the stairs. I heard a cruel and evil laugh sounding, getting louder as I passed the kitchen, the bathroom... It was almost deafening when I stood outside the living room door.

"I'm coming in!" I warned it, like it was going to hide.

I slowly reached my hand out for the silver handle, and was about to turn it.

It's locked, stupid. The voice from inside the room came from. I jumped because it sounded so close to the door. It scared me-

-knowing that, whatever's been controlling you is right infront of you. And you still can't see or touch it.

"You just... Finished my sentence?" I questioned it, my breathing becoming heavy and my palms becoming sweaty on the handle.

Our sentence. We're the same person, Destery. Go to the woods.

"I don't want to! Leave me alone!" I started crying and shaking the handle. I'm scared to think, to act... I've got no-where to hide. Not even my thoughts are my own.

Go to the woods!

It yelled, and I let out a shriek and loud cry out. I started shaking and I slid down the door so I was sitting with my back from it. I wrapped my arms around myself and tried to shut out the laughs and the force hitting the door.