Blood-Red Hatred

Dedicated to Cicindela, for their awesome support for this story :) 

Entering class five minutes late, I found the whole class quiet and shooting my evils for even looking happy after all the hate they've given me. I'm fifteen? I'm aloud to be happy? 

"Sorry I'm late, Miss Jarman." I murmured, but she made the sound meaning 'I don't think so, stop right there before you even think about sitting down.'

"Why are you late, Ms Meadows?" She tutted, and I shifted my weight in awkwardness of being in front of the entire class. 

"I was at the bottom of the field, I'm sorry Miss." I blushed, really not liking the spotlight.

Gale, who was once again at the back, decided to make up a lie. "She was too busy kissing her girlfriend, miss!" The class erupted in fits of laughter and I stood there, my smile evaporated. 

Miss gasped, and leaned towards me. "Is this true, Destery?"

"No, Miss I don't have a gi-" I started.

"Don't get yourself into worse trouble by lying. You know what we think about public signs of affection. Talk to me after school." She interrupted me, and I knew I couldn't protest. My head down, I found the empty seat at the back. Just my luck, a blonde bombshell was sat trying to hold her laughter. Great.

Getting out my pencil case and book, I wrote down everything that was on the board. A hope short-lived.

"Are you, like, a les or somethin'?" The chick asked, combing her hair with her nails and smacking gum between stupid gaps in her annoying speech.

"Maybe. Why? Want my pants down?" I rolled my eyes, and tried to focus on my work. I really did not need this whore pestering me and getting me into more trouble.

"No, I like dicks." She said, almost absent-mindedly. Disgusted, I moved to the very edge of the table. Miss heard us and shushed us, before telling us to complete the English task set on the board. Obediently, I worked. Unfortunately, she wasn't interested in the work of Chaucer. 
"So... how do you have sex with a woman?" She insited.

Throwing my pen to the table, I imagined ripping her head off. "Look, just because you like dick like it's your God, doesn't mean that I have to. I've never had a girlfriend, a few crushes. I've been out with a BOY. I'm Bisexual. Get the FREAK over it!" I yelled, grabbing the attention of the entire class. Snap.

"Destery, would you mind having a word with me outside?" Miss asked. Thanks, slutty idiot.

Sliding out of my chair, I solemnly followed Miss out of the class. Everyone snickered as I eased through the tables, I would rather get yelled at than sit in this classroom I guess. After closing the brown wooden door to the grey classroom, I saw Miss stand with a stern face and a cocked hip. I changed my mind, can I go back? No, Destery, if I can handle getting posessed in the wood then I can handle a detention.

"Can you please explain just what you were thinking when addressing Jackie like that, Destery?" Miss Jarman asked, raising her eyebrows and her foot tapping impatiently. Her blonde hair was pulled into a tight bun and her young blue eyes swum with annoyance. 

"I'm sorry Miss, but I've been having major problems... everyone's found out that I'm bisexual and I'm getting bullied for just about everything." I whimpered, and suddenly it was like the walls I'd built had crashed down. Tears started flowing and my nose creased.

"Destery," Miss breathed out, and her voice changed to a much nicer one, "if you're having problems then feel free to ask for a couple of minutes outside. Your house leaders are always happy to help, also. I understand if you don't want to talk to me, and I hope you understand that the way you spoke to Jackie wasn't appropriate under any circumstances." 

"I know, Miss. I know it's an hour until hometime, but can I please go home?" I whispered, and tried to stop the tears and running nose to save myself any dignity.

"Of course, I'll take you to the office." She smiled at me, and I smiled back...

~~~~

"Are you okay, honey?" Mum cooed, and I smiled as we both got into our red Land Rover. It was fake, but I would explain when I was out of this hellhole.

Slamming our doors, I replied, "No, I'm not. Mum I'm scared!" Tears fell again, but somehow, for once, I didn't want to play my piano... I wanted my parents. Leaning over for a hug, I knew I didn't have to explain anything... I just cried until I couldn't any more.