Chapter 5: Taken

"Long ago, men went to sea, and women waited for them, standing on the edge of the water, scanning the horizon for the tiny ship. Now I wait for Henry. He vanishes unwillingly, without warning. I wait for him. Each moment that I wait feels like a year, an eternity. Each moment is as slow and transparent as glass. Through each moment I can see infinite moments lined up, waiting. Why has he gone where I cannot follow?"

Audrey Niffenegger, The Time Traveller's Wife

###########################################################################

Celestina's P.O.V :

3 years later...

It's been three years since I found my mate. Three years since my life and my relation with Mike has got a new meaning.

A lot of things happened during these three years.

First of all, Uncle Josh had decided it is time for him to retire and lead an uneventful and peaceful life with his mate; he handed over the beta title to Mike. So Mike is the new Beta of Lunar Spirit pack and he is doing a really good job as well. Since we are not mated yet Mike's mom is still the acting Crescent, Beta female.

Life is getting better and better with each passing days, and at last most important event of my life happened last month, I turned 16 and I shifted for the first time. My mate stayed with me throughout the whole transition guiding me, helping me, and easing my pain. The pain of the first shift was intolerable every cell in your body will hurt, you will feel like your body turning inside out, every bone in your body breaks and reset to transform you into your wolf, every hair in your body grow abundantly to form the furry coat that covers your body, you will feel every bone break and regrow you would want to die and just to end the pain, physically you become exhausted and completely drained. And it's even more painful to watch your mate endure this kind of pain, for me it was easier to watch Mike's transition because my wolf was not matured at that time and was not connected but for Mike it was hell, he was equally exhausted like me both physically and mentally. But when the transition was over and I tried to stand on my wobbling four legs I looked at his eyes and what I saw filled me with a level of happiness I can't even explain, the way he looked at me with pride and awe made all the pain and wait worthy.

Then I saw her in his eyes, my wolf, her fur was as white as snow and her eyes are as blue as a sapphire, she is beautiful, I will go through all that pain and torture once again if I have to for her. Over the years she has become my best friend, my support, my guide and my confidant. She helped me through my teenage years, gave me wisdom and taught me to be a better person.

My wolf came as a surprise to everyone since she is a white wolf; white wolves are one of the rarest and strongest female wolf species who are believed to be the ones bestowed with the blessings of the goddess, who are considered the lucky children of the goddess. Our pack was never blessed with a white wolf before and I happened to be the first white wolf of the Lunar Spirit pack.

After my shift Mike and I grew more close to each other, if that is even possible, running in our wolf form in the evening after school has become a daily routine for us. I can say River loves her time with Samuel, Mike's wolf; they race each other, wrestle, and cuddles. Samuel is a lot more possessive than Mike and a little hot-headed as well. He never lets any other wolf near me when we are together, he even growled at Marcus Abel's wolf for coming near me.

Another thing happened to me in these three years is Bella, my first and best girlfriend, unlike me she is a girlie girl who is head over heels in love with pink. She joined our pack two years ago, even though we started off a little rough because of some misunderstandings, now we are inseparable, she even makes me wear dresses these days. She grew up as an only child, but now she has to endure three overprotective brothers just because she became my friend and I can tell she loves the attention she gets from the guys, my mom loves to go shopping with her all the time dad loves her chirpy self too, and for me she is like the sister I have been missing my whole life.