Chapter 2: inuyasha's forest

my eyes fell heavy and soon I drifted asleep..

Time skip>

the sun crept up and peeked through my window blinds..

a large blanket of sun rested over my eyes..

I woke up to birds chirping and singing..

I lean up and slowly go get dressed, my mood was neutral and not very excited because I just woke up, I'm not a happy morning person like Kagome.

then I scurry out to the kitchen to help Mom with breakfast..

"hi, Mom! I'm here to help with breakfast." I exclaim happily.

"Oh! thank you dear." she was startled but in a good mood.

"Morning everyone!" Kagome runs in with Sota.

"Kagome? I thought you'd be at school today?" I was puzzled.

"Nope, today is Saturday. Yesterday was the last day for this week." she gobbled down a piece of toast.

she seemed excited.

"Yeah! Which means we can spend time together today, and tomorrow!" Sota shouts.

he lifted his hand up while holding food in the other, and had a big smile on his face.

I rested my arm on the counter and stared at them with a loving tinge in my eyes.

after breakfast, Sota grabbed a ball and we went outside.

with Sota a few inches in front of us, Kagome says something to me.

"I hope you remember the things we used to watch over, like the tree, and the well, I'm so happy that you're back big sis," she says with her hands behind her back and smiles.

I look at her blankly..

"Oh no!" Sota shouts in peril.

Kagome and I quickly acknowledged his cry and ran to him.

"what's wrong Sota?" Kagome approached first and stared down into the sacred well with him.

I was just behind them..

"my ball, I dropped it and it bounced down the stairs." he sadly stated.

"It's ok Sota, I'll get it." she walked forward but hesitated a bit.

after she moved forward, I took her place beside Sota.

"Can you see it sis?!" his voice echoed in the darkness.

Kagome peered around nervously..

then spots the ball beside the well..

"Yeah! I'll get it, just a sec!" she shouted back up.

as Kagome reached down for Sota's red ball, the well's sacred seals flew off and it started glowing a purplish-blue.

she looked up in fear..

I step down the stairs halfway feeling scared..

suddenly the wooden planks nailed over the well flew off violently..

Kagome leans in to gape down, but trips and drops the ball.

"Kagome!!" I shout and run as she falls in.

I was hardly able to grab the back of her shirt, but when I did, I fell in with her.

"Kagome! Saki!" Sota yells fearfully.

"Ahhh!!" she screams.

I was silent but had a horrified expression on my face...

after a few seconds, we were thrown out of the well forcefully,
Both of us landed on our hands and knees and stared at the ground after opening our eyes.

Kagome moans, "ow, my head, what happened?" she muttered.

meanwhile in a nearby tree...>

a white-haired boy gapes down at us.

"What a weird-looking couple a' girls," he says to himself.

suddenly something passes his nose..

"wait a minute, that smell." he talks to himself again quietly.

my POV>

"My ears feel weird, and I can hear and smell everything." I look up and around at treetops.

"Ah! Saki!" Kagome pointed fearfully at me after jumping back.

"huh?" I look at her confused.

"your ears, they're pointy," she informs me bluntly.

I calmly touch my right ear as the wind blows..

"It's ok Kagome.." I assured.

although I noticed a change in my nails, they were much more claw-like and sharper.

"my nails look and feel different too.." I say to myself.

suddenly.

"Hey! What's a full Demon like yourself doing in these parts huh? thinking about eating this helpless human girl?" a guy speaks rudely.

Kagome and I look up at him, he had long white hair and wore a red kimono+hakama.

his eyes were yellow or golden in color, and well, his ears looked like Shiba Inu dog ears.

"Hey, I'm talking to you." he approaches me meanly.

"Who are you talking about? Saki isn't a Demon." Kagome stated.

"yeah, she is, look at her. pointy ears, heightened senses, claws."

"by the looks of it, I'd say she's a cat Demon, black Panther actually." he forcefully pulls me up by the hair, then drops me after he was finished.

"say, why aren't you fighting back? are you weak or somthin'?" he blocks Kagome's sight of me by standing between us with his bent wrists on his hips.

"I told you! Saki isn't a Demon! who are you anyway?! nevermind that just leave us alone okay?!" she stands up and shouts.

"hmm?" the boy turns his head slightly to gaze at her.

Kagome's rage faded after he stared at her, and she was now a bit scared.

"fine, but I'll be back for you, Demon girl." he huffs and disappears into the forest.

"Are you ok Saki?!" she exclaimed softly and scurries over.

"I'm ok.." I answered kindly.

"We need to find a town, or someplace with people, and get out of this forest," I said sincerely.

"right.." she helps me up, and we start walking..

but we weren't alone, there was someone else watching us, it wasn't the guy before because with my heightened senses I would remember his scent.

it was somebody else...

the watcher's POV>

he too kneeled in a tree disguised by its branches, and as Kagome and I walked, he growled under his breath, like he was thinking about something.

only his yellow-goldish eyes were visible, everything else was blacked out by the shade.

he narrowed his eyes and then jumped through the treetops away from our location..

Kagome gasps, "did you hear that?" she asks.

"Yeah, what do you think it was?" I question back.

"Well whoever it was, I hope it wasn't that rude boy from earlier." she cursed in frustration.

I decided to play a nasty joke, I probably should have rethought it though.

while Kagome wasn't looking I gathered up some big green leaves and made a mask...

"Maybe it was, another Demon!" I jump out at her holding the mask to my face.

she inhales fearfully and screams after hitting me, then runs away.

I fell back onto the ground, wishing I never came up with the idea.

"wait Kagome! it was a joke!" I ran after her with my hands in the air.