Chapter 22: Sesshomaru, Inuyasha and Koga to the rescue

we ran up the stairs to the shrine, I was going so fast.

"slow down Saki! you're going to drop your mother's groceries!" Inuyasha shouts.

"Sorry.." I slowed down a bit, I couldn't contain my excitement.

however I calmed down for the sake of Inuyasha, waited for him to catch up with me, and then we peacefully approached the house.

as I embraced the grocery bags I grabbed the doorknob and opened the door without dropping anything.

going straight to the kitchen, I placed the bags on the table, and curiously glanced around wondering where mom was.

a few seconds later I heard noises coming from the backyard..

but before I went to investigate, I entered my room and put away my bag.

"Want me to take your hat Inuyasha?" I ask.

"Sure.." he pulled it off and handed it over to me.

"we'll keep it right here in my room if you ever decide to visit again," I assured and placed it on my bedpost.

"It should be safe here.." I add.

"let's go see where mom ran off to." I proceed to walk to the back door with him following behind me.

I opened the door and heard what sounded like clinging noises.

I peek to my left through the backdoor window, and there was mom planting flowers in painted brown pots.

"oh.." I mutter.

"Hi mom, we're back."

"Everything is on the kitchen table." I close the backdoor after Inuyasha steps out.

she exhales and rubs the sweat off of her forehead then smiles, "thank you both, I'm just doing a little gardening."

"it's pretty.." I observe her work carefully.

"um.."

"we're going to go now, I don't know when I'll be back, but don't worry," I assure.

"well, promise you'll be careful," she replies.

"We do!" I raise my voice as we run off towards the well.

"Finally, I'm going back." I thought to myself.

once we entered the well house, we both became quiet.

I placed my hands on the side of the well and looked down.

"you should go first.."

"I'll be right behind you, wait for me on the other side," Inuyasha assures.

"hmm.." I nod strongly and throw my legs over the edge.

then gently slid off and jumped in.

the magical blue lights burst up from the well and light up the room.

he watched in awe.

before I knew it I was back, I gazed up and saw the sunlight, I heard birds chirping and I saw the green forest trees.

I grabbed the vines on the wall and used them and my claws to climb up, but then i had an idea.

jumping would be faster, and I knew I could do it as I've done before, so I let myself slide back down.

"if I'm going to learn how to be a demon again, I might as well do things the way Inuyasha does," I told myself.

"okay.." I muttered.