7 - Making A Brew

(((ELIZAS POV)))

It had been a few days since Lestrade went to Sherlock for his help on the 'disappearing women' case, and although Sherlock texted me pointlessly funny things at least once every day, I didn't want to look desperate. I wanted to make it seem like I had better things to do than hang around Sherlock's flat.

I don't really know why I cared what Sherlock thought of me, but I did.

I sat up in my bed in my flat, and picked up my phone from my bedside table. I unlocked it and clicked on 'messages':

How's the headache?

SH

Are you reading one of those crime novels you're so fond of?

SH

I'm bored.

SH

Do you put the milk or the teabag in first?

SH

I giggled a bit at the last one, and wondered to myself if Sherlock Holmes was actually interested in what went on inside my odd brain, or if he was just passing the time with me.

I decided to go and visit the funny detective, as, to my delight, he did invite me to look into his most recent case with him and John.

I waltzed into Sherlock's flat to find him lying down on the sofa I was sleeping in a few days prior. He was wearing baggy pyjamas and a silk dressing gown.

He looked like he was sleeping, but then again, he was Sherlock, so he probably wasn't sleeping.

"Hey" I said, trying to sound friendly. "Where's John?"

Sherlock didn't open his eyes, but he answered immediately.

"What do you mean, where's John?"

I laughed "Well he's not here"

Sherlock opened his eyes and frowned slightly, looking around. "Isn't he?"

"Nope" I chuckled "How's the case coming along?"

Sherlock groaned at the mention of the case, and swivelled his legs around so that he was now sitting upright with an annoyed expression plastered across his features.

"Nothing...yet" he spat, running his hands through his gorgeous brown hair in exasperation.

I walked over to the kitchen and began to make 2 cups of tea, whilst looking over my shoulder and smiling slightly at the irritated man. It had only been a few days and he was already getting fed up with not having a lead. He expected so much of himself.

"Ah well" I smiled as the kettle begun to boil "I'm sure we'll figure it out"

"We?" Sherlock questioned, looking over at me.

"Yes, we" I laughed at him "You invited me on the case remember? You couldn't keep me away now even if you tried. This is the most exciting thing that's happened to me in weeks"

No Eliza, Sherlock Holmes is the most exciting thing that's happened to you in weeks, the case is just an excuse to be near him.

"I wouldn't want to" Sherlock mumbled quietly.

I felt my face heat up, and I turned around so that I was looking at him.

"What?" I asked.

"I said" Sherlock started bluntly "I wouldn't want to keep you away"