15 - Grenade

A/N - As I mentioned in the previous chapter, I'm starting to add bits from season 4 into the story (specifically s4 e3) So if you haven't watched the latest season and don't want any spoilers, watch it before carrying on with the book. Also if you haven't watched the latest season you might find some bits tricky to understand, but I'm happy to answer any questions you might have! Enjoy!

Yes, technically Mary is 'dead' from here on out, but I didn't think it was worth adding since she doesn't actually appear in this book at all. RIP Mary

"It was a tranquilizer gun" John groaned as he rubbed his head. We had rushed over to Baker street to find John sitting in his chair by the fireplace, looking quite pale.

"You could have said that on the phone" Sherlock grumbled, sitting in his chair opposite John.

"You hung up!"

"Oh yeah"

"Are you alright John?" I asked, walking over to the doctor. "Who shot you?"

John smiled at me "Yeah I'm...fine"

"What is it, Doctor Watson?" Mycroft spoke up from the other side of the room.

"Well..." John cleared his throat "The person who shot me...her name was Eurus"

Mycroft's eyes widened and he suddenly went very pale. Sherlock looked confused.

"Eurus? Should I know who that is?" Sherlock asked

"Well she-" John started

"Sherlock" Mycroft cut John off. Suddenly the air in the room felt very tense.

"Let him speak" Sherlock snapped at his brother. He turned back to John, anticipation all over his face.

"She said she was your sister"

Mycroft tensed up. Sherlock's eyes turned to his brother.

"What?" Sherlock's voice was quiet.

Mycroft didn't respond.

*15 Minutes Later*

"You have to tell him the truth Mycroft, pure and simple" I said to the older Holmes brother.

The shocked expression on Sherlock's face had calmed down slightly, but it was still present.

"Who was it that said, the truth is rarely pure and never simple?" Mycroft replied.

"I don't know and I don't care" Sherlock spoke up. He turned to his brother. "So there were three of us. I know that now. You, me and...Eurus. The sister I cant remember..."

Mycroft just looked uncomfortable and didn't make any effort to reply so Sherlock carried on.

"Interesting name, Eurus. It's Greek isn't it?"

John spoke up "Yeah, literally the God of the East Wind"

"Yes" Mycroft replied bluntly, sending an uneasy, but stern look in John's direction.

"The East Wind in coming..." Sherlock muttered "You used that to scare me"

"No"

"You turned my sister into a ghost story"

"Of course I didn't. I monitored you" Mycroft said. He was talking as if he knew everything, and it was beginning to annoy me.

"You what?" I took a step forward.

"Memories can resurface, wounds can reopen. The roads we walk have demons beneath them" Mycroft said poetically. He looked at his brother. "And yours have been waiting for a very long time"