•Touch•

The pack house^

Chapter 3•

"I'm five minutes away alpha."

"We're waiting."

Wayne has always been a man of a few words except when it comes to his alpha meetings. Still, a deep voice with a stoic look on his face. He's what I believe to be the perfect alpha. Yet there are times where even I get annoyed by his authority and bluntness. What's more upsetting is that he shares those traits with his younger brother.

I'm finally driving up to the pack house. The job lasted for hours. I had gotten to the job site around 3 in the afternoon. I had to eliminate a gang leader, up and coming, getting powerful as of late. The man had a lot of followers. An extremely ridiculous amount to be honest. It took hours to get to the leader and that is not an exaggeration. It reminded me of those video games Logan is so into.

Once I reached the leader, he had a second in command that I had to fight with. He was big, and trained with weapons. Just the memory alone makes me cringe. He wasn't human yet he wasn't anything supernatural. Those are the ones I hate fighting the most. They have no sense of right or wrong, only doing what they're leaders tell them to do. This gang felt more like a cult if you ask me.

Let's just say his boss's power didn't compare to his.

I had to do that job as fast as I could which wasn't fast at all. I never did like cult-like gangs. They're creepy.

I unavoidably got injured. Bruising that'll go away in a few hours and cuts from knives that'll also do the same. I got shot at though. A couple of times. One bullet grazed my thigh but another is imbedded into my side. Another in my shoulder and one in my calf.

My black clothes are soaked with blood. Most of it mine but some from my victims. Wayne isn't going to like my appearance. Well he can suck it for all I care. He's the one that wanted me here.

After parking my car I look in the rear view mirror and wipe away some blood on my cheek. But that didn't seem to work. Instead it just smudged the blood. I also have some on my neck and arms. Either somewhat fresh or dried.

I get out of my car and run into the pack house. "You're in trouble." Aiden snickers and Layla giggles as I pass them.

I stick my tongue out at them very dramatically before opening the door to the alpha's office. All eyes turn to me. Everyone seems shocked by my appearance except for Wayne. I can't help but glance at Cedric and he's frowning.

"Yo." I close the door behind me and walk towards Wayne. He gives me a look and begins. He's not happy even though he's not showing it.

"Now that everyone is here we can begin. The council has contacted me of their approaching arrival to our lands. Apparently there's serious matters they'd like to discuss with us. We'll host a party for them and I need you all to give me your word that you will participate and be on your best behaviors."

"We're not children Alpha Wayne." Alpha Rodrick comments. "We'll gladly attend and help with the preparations."

"Thank you Rodrick." Wayne then looks towards Alpha Quinn and Alpha Cedric. "And you two?"

"Yes brother." Wayne nods.

"My wife would like to help with the party knowing her so count us in." Alpha Quinn sighs and I let out a short lived laugh before getting looked at. It's not my fault his comment brought up hilarious memories. Those of which were of his wife planning parties unsuccessfully.

"Good. I'll email all of you your roles in this event. We'll meet back a few days before it. You are welcome to bring as many pack members as you see fit, we'll arrange housing. That is all." I can't help but glare at Wayne. This meeting didn't even last a complete hour. Why did I have to be here?