•Happiness•

What I imagine Cedric's bedroom being ^ enjoy!

Chapter 9

"What are you doing?" I don't bother looking at Cedric. I know he's leaning against the door frame of his room. And I'm currently smack in the middle of his bed.

"Sleeping." I bring my chi back to my body after having explored every part of the pack house. He has a cellar I'd really like to take a look at. There's cages in there and an interrogation room.

I open my eyes as Cedric takes a seat on the edge of the bed.

"About Vince, I ended it a long time ago. Right after I found out you were-"

"Why are you telling me this Cedric? I've already told you time and time again that you can fuck whoever you want."

"And I've told you it would hurt you if I do."

"I've told you it won't!"

"Tell me why." He speaks after a while of silence.

I sigh and turn my body to him. "You really don't need to know. Can't you trust me that what I'm telling you is true?"

"Why would you be okay with your mate mating with someone else."

Because this is part of my punishment. This has to happen.

"Anthony." I don't notice his hand touching my cheek. That makes me flinch back. "I don't want to mate with anyone else but you."

"Why? You did it like nothing when Jude was your mate."

"And I regret that with every fiber of my being."

"What do you see our mating as?"

"What do you mean?"

"Exactly what I said. I see it as our punishment."

"Why?"

"We're paying the price for bringing harm to our first mates."

"No that's not true. I see it as a second chance at happiness."

"What happiness Cedric? Are you happy? I sure as hell am not. My happy is being out there and doing what I do best. That's my happy."

"I doubt that makes you happy."

No but it sure as hell keeps me occupied.

Again silence follows. It's surprisingly not an uncomfortable or awkward silence. This just goes to show how right it is being in each other's presence.

"What happened to your first mate Anthony." A sting like feeling passes through my chest.

"Why do you want to know? It doesn't matter now, it's in the past."

"For something that's supposed to be in the past, you're still very much hung up on it." I grab the collar of Cedric's shirt and I push him down onto his bed.

"Shut up. You just don't understand."

"Then help me understand. Tell me what you did to your mate."

The memory of that night comes back to me as if it were yesterday. My mates eyes as he realized what was about to happen. The fear in them directed towards me. He didn't deserve what I did to him. But I couldn't stop, I don't know why.

"Anthony." My breath gets caught in my throat as Cedric wraps his hand around the back of my head and his lips meet my own. I try pulling away but his hand doesn't let me.

Tears begin to gather in my eyes as I freeze with my mouth slightly open. I watch him kiss and finger my mouth with his soft tongue. I feel my heart beat out of my ears as the pulses of electricity erupt everywhere we're touching.

"Why are you crying?" His voice brings out a heat I've never experienced before. Not just his voice, his everything. It scares me.

He kisses my eyes and sits us up on the bed. Bringing me onto his lap.

"I don't have the strength to get off of you on my own. So please Cedric, stop and push me away."

"No. You're my happiness Anthony. And soon I'll be yours."

This is so frustrating! I don't want to feel this way!

"Why are you making me feel this way?" Cedric smiles but it instantly falls as he turns his head. I do the same once I hear what he heard.

He puts me on my feet and runs to his room balcony. I run after him but he's already transformed into his wolf and jumping down four floors.

"Dammit." I jump down and use my power to land softly on the ground. I follow Cedric's scent and the warrior wolves running towards the woods.

Rogues are attacking.

Faster, I need to get there faster! Times like these I wish I had my wolf. I don't like to transform into my wolf without him. That's why I haven't in years.

I focus on my legs and move my power to them. Because of that I start running faster than the wolves around me. Once I catch up to Cedric I see him fending off two of them on his own. I watch one of them come out from behind a tree with a gun in their hand. What the fuck is a rogue doing with a gun? He's in Cedric's blind spot.

I run faster and jump onto the rogues' shoulders and I lock my arms around his neck. As much as I want to snap it, I don't.

"Alpha!" The warrior wolves go back into their human forms. I see Cedric's hands covered in blood and the rogues dead on the floor. He's breathing hard.

"Alpha?" Cedric finally snaps out of whatever he was under and looks at his pack warriors. "You killed all the rogues, how are we going to interrogate them now?"

"I put this one to sleep. Take him to your interrogation room. I'll interrogate him when he wakes up. Some of you take the dead ones and bury them somewhere on the land." I order them when Cedric doesn't answer. They surprisingly don't think twice or fight me on it. I don't dwell on how easy it was for me to do that nor how right it felt.

"Cedric..." I walk up to him after the rest leave. "Is this the curse?"

"Yes." He looks at his hands and wipes them off using the scraps of clothes on the ground.

He looks at me and cracks a smile, "are you worried about me?"

"Of course not."

Cedric laughs, "be careful Anthony, it looks like you're starting to fall for me."

"Shut up Cedric."

-

Aw they're getting along!! Ahhh I'm happy! But it's not going to be smooth sailing from now on.

Why the fuck would a rogue carry a gun?

Who ships Anthony and Cedric? (Raises hand)

Oh! Btw Anthony really enjoys to interrogate *cough* torture *cough* rogues so next chapter will be about that. Just a heads up.