• Feeling •

Chapter 6

Wake up

Wake up!

WAKE UP!

I gasp as I open my eyes. That voice... was it just my imagination?

Mai? Is that you?

I get no response even after a second try. I guess it was my imagination. My wolf has abandoned me, he's not coming back.

I groan as I try moving my stiff body. It hurts too much to even do that. So I stay on my stomach but I move my head towards the room. Why is this room so plain?

Where am I?

You'll be staying with Alpha Cedric indefinitely

Oh right. So am I in his pack house? I don't remember how I got here.

Alright let's see. I've got two options. Stay here and be good, the cons of this is that I'll be stuck with Cedric. That's a no no for me, the last thing I want to do is be this close to him. Pros? There aren't any. Then the second option, kill a human. That's it, plain, easy, simple. I do that, the council comes after me and they kill me. Cons? There aren't any. Pros? I don't have to stay here any longer and I'll be dead.

Yes I'll do that once I'm able to move.

I have to take a piss.

"Uh hi they sent me to check your wounds." A girl opens the door. She looks shocked to see me awake. I just give her a thumbs up and she walks in. She comes in carrying a clear first aid kit but instead of normal bandaids there's gauze and alcohol.

"Alpha Cedric is really worried. He has everyone on edge right now."

"Why are you telling me this?"

She looks peeved by my question. "What do you mean why? You're my Alpha's mate, this packs second Alpha. I'd think you'd want to know what Alpha Cedric is feeling right now."

"I don't." She pierces her lips into a thin line. Her small warm hands touch my skin and she begins to take off the gauze I had on my back.

"You tried to move huh?"

"Huh? Oh yeah when I woke up." I explain.

"You're bleeding. What happened?"

"Why do I have a feeling you already know what happened?"

She shrugs, "everyone knows, alpha Cedric takes priority in telling us everything. But i wanted to hear your side."

"Why does he?"

"To keep our pack united. There's lots of us and so..."

"I get it." She shows me a small smile and touches one of the cuts. I wince at the burn.

"Sorry almost done, so you're not going to tell me? Oh well can you?" I notice by how soft spoken she is that she's very timid or like shy.

"I did bad things and the council punished me for it."

"Killed people you mean? Humans?"

"Yes."

"But it was your job right? You had to?"

I shake my head. "No. I did it because I wanted to." I watch as her face drops and her eyes sadden. I turn my head away and place my chin on my arms.

"Um..."

"Does that scare you?" I ask while looking at the plain wall.

"No because sometimes we have to do that too. In order to protect our own."