3.2

CHAPTER TWO

Welcome to Asgard

- - -

SANCTUARY-2

Ana was running. She didn't look back as she raced around a corner, skidding to a stop when energy was hurtling towards her. She leaned back and it just brushed against her cheek, and she shut her eyes when it's heat made them water. She lost her balance and dropped on her knees, grabbing at the ground before she could smash her head against it. She looked over her shoulder, eyes enlarging at the figure closing in.

"We must cause a distraction."

Amora's voice filled Ana's ears as she circled from behind her, fingers lightly tracing the wound on her shoulder. Ana winced when she put some pressure against it, and glanced at her. She was weirded out by the fact that the little girl she met in the cellblocks had appeared to her as an adult.

Ana swallowed thickly, hearing the lockdowns take place everywhere in the ship. She was panicking. Thanos could be on the prowl. She didn't want to come face to face with that being. Apparently, Amora was her way out. "Bigger than the one I just set off? How the hell are you a full grown woman when I just saw you as a little girl not that long ago?" Ana questioned, bewildered.

"It was an enchantment. I had to confirm it was you, before going onto the next step." Amora answered, grabbing ahold of Ana's hand. Ana looked down at their conjoined hands, eyebrows raising. She yelped when Amora tugged her around a corner, concealing them both from the troops sent by Corvus to find the missing prisoner. They stormed past them, unaware of the two women hiding in the shadows. Amora seemed to like the compromising position they were in, and eyed Ana openly.

Ana blushed, focusing anywhere but the Enchantress.

Ana scrambled to her feet and shot her hands out. Mystic mandalas formed over her fists and they were able to rebound the energy being shot at her. She dropped the magic and grabbed her dagger strapped to her belt, launching her wrist forward.

"I hear you enjoy playing with daggers." Amora opened her palm and three silver blades appeared with a cloud of green smoke. Ana picked them up, smiling at Amora. She nodded in thanks, before placing them in her belt.

"Where did you hear that?" Ana asked.

"Thor Odinson."

The blade was like a toothpick against the being trying to hunt her. It clattered at it's feet. The being's teeth bared, growling loudly in warning. She moved. She had traveled to the main foyer of the warship, careful to evade any signs of Thanos. Ana ran through a wall, the boundary crumbling from her strength. She dashed down the middle, directing a path to the opposite end where a row of windows were. She glanced over her shoulder, trying to spot her hunter. Her heart leapt when no one was in sight and she let herself smile in victory.

"Wait, Thor?" Ana's smile widened at the thought of her old friend whom she hadn't seen in months.

"He has also been searching for you." Amora revealed. "The contract on your head hasn't been claimed, meaning others are still trying to hunt you down for the prize."

Ana turned back to face the windows. And her smile was wiped clean off. She dug her heels into the ground, but it didn't stop it from latching it's hand around her neck. She was lifted from the ground, windpipe closing in.