6.1

CHAPTER ONE

Bucky Barnes

- - - - -

WAKANDA

"How have you been, Princess?"

Ana looked to the young Wakandan beside her as they trekked down a large, grassy hill in the middle of the afternoon together. The sun was high, radiating warmth onto their skin. Ana's hands brushed against the skirt of her floral sundress, before they readjusted the strands of short hair that kept on flying over her eyes. Before she left New York, Ana took it upon herself to dress nicely. She even brushed her hair. Shuri had a hop to her step as she trudged down the hill in her sneakers. She was bubbling with so much energy, something that made Ana smile.

Shuri glanced up at Ana with a slight shrug of her shoulders before she jumped over a rock. "Busy. Ever since Erik's failed attempt to take over my home, T'Challa and I have had our hands full with cleaning up the mess he left behind."  She threw an arm at the land they were nearing that had been the battlefield. The terrain was unkept and muddy. Weapons and machines that had been destroyed littered the ground, marking up an image of a forgotten feud. Skid marks in the dirt stretched for half a mile, and charred spots in the grass told them both that it had caught fire.

"Is everyone okay?" Ana frowned.

Shuri nodded. "Oh, yes, they're fine. A bit thrown, but they'll get back into the routine in no time. My only concern is my brother. Now that he has revealed Wakanda to the world, he has given himself another large responsibility to uphold."

"With great power comes great responsibility." Ana quoted, before sending Shuri an assuring smile. "T'Challa will figure it out, and in the end, I'm sure everything will be fine."

"I hope so." Shuri sighed.

Ana stopped next to a downed aircraft, and sized up the huge machinery. The wings were torn off, and she could even spot a few claw marks on the nose of the jet. "A lot of jets scattered around. You need any help moving 'em?" She asked, looking at the teen who paused in thought.

Shuri kicked the side of the jet, causing the exterior to fall off. "They're basically scrap metal now, and I would like to use their parts for other projects. So if you don't mind, can you compact them." She motioned with her hands for Ana to press them together.

"How compact?" Ana questioned, lifting the front of the jet with one hand.

Shuri had to pause and note how effortless the action was for Ana.

"As much as you can." Shuri beamed, activating the camera on her Kimoyo Beads. She recorded as Ana used her super strength to crush and mould the jet into a large sphere. Ana dusted her hands off, and rested her elbow on the object that now stood a metre tall.

"Did somebody order a human sized marble?" Ana chuckled, lifting it over her head, posing as Shuri snapped a quick photo of her.

"Again!" Shuri clapped, laughing. Little kids from the village nearby arrived, greeting the Princess and advancing on Ana. They pointed at the large ball, asking if they could play with it. Ana placed it down carefully, and chuckled when they pushed it around like a huge soccer ball.

"Careful!" Ana called after them, hearing their gleeful giggles.

"How is it that you have a wide knowledge of language?" Shuri questioned, guiding Ana to a hut off to the more quiet and isolated part of the land.