9.7

CHAPTER SEVEN

Battle of Wakanda

- - - - -

NIDAVELLIR

Marcus was drifting towards the dead star. He could hear Thor and Rocket arguing in the background on the specifics of restarting the forge. He paid no mind to it. He was more concerned about the thick layers of ice on the star that have built up over the years, as well as the rings surrounding the core of Nidavellir. The gears were completely frozen. They would need a good push and a fair amount of heat to get them back up and running smoothly. The closer Marc got to the dead star, the more he sensed the power underneath all the metal and ice.

"Marcus? Hello?" Thor yelled out, trying to get his attention.

Marcus sighed and approached Thor with his hands in his hoodie pockets. "A little louder, Thor. I don't think all of space has heard you yet."

Thor squinted at the glowing man. "We're ready when you are."

Marcus nodded and switched his arms so they guided him in his path towards the gears. Rocket in the meantime shook his head as he sat in the pilot seat inside the pod. "I don't think you're getting the scientifics here. These rings are gigantic. You wanna get them moving, you're going to need something a lot bigger to yank 'em loose." He said.

Thor jumped off the pod and landed on one of the rings, holding a cable that was attached to the pod. "Leave it to me." Thor replied.

"Leave it to you? Buddy, you're in space. All you got is a rope and a—" Rocket was cut off when Thor started to swing the pod around in circles using his godly might, gripping the cable tight enough so it wouldn't slip out of his hands.

Marc raced for the gears and aimed his flaring fists at them, firing his plasma energy to melt off the ice. The intense heat from the plasma was effective in mollifying the gears, allowing them to turn. Thor had let go of the cable and that caused Rocket to fly towards the centre of the forge with great speed. Thor was trailing after the pod as Rocket fired the engines. Marcus proceeded to bolt around the rings of the forge, flying in circles while continuing to unleash a small proportion of his power to unfreeze the rings.

"More power, rabbit!" Thor roared as he dug his heels into the rings and held the cable in his hands while Rocket forced the pod to get the rings to move. Marcus appeared next to Thor, eyes ablaze. He pointed at him and before he could offer any help, Thor shook his head. "No, I can do this!"

Marcus pursed his lips together to keep from grinning when the ice that had formed around the frozen ring's mechanisms began to crack. It looked as if the ice formed into tiny bits of crystals as they disconnected from the metal, raining down over them before finally, the dead star was brought back to life with a brilliant, bright light. The rings rumbled deeply as they aligned perfectly, allowing the iris of the star to open.

"Well done, boys." Eitri praised, gazing at the shining star with hope in his eyes once again.

" Eitri praised, gazing at the shining star with hope in his eyes once again