4.8

CHAPTER EIGHT

Ragnarök

- - - - -

ASGARD

After an unpleasant journey out of the Devil's Anus, the Revengers inside the Commodore woke up in pain, groaning when they couldn't feel their limbs. Ana was slumped forward in the pilot seat with the seatbelt holding her up, mouth dry and eyes droopy. She lifted a hand to her eyes, shaking it around to get the sensation back. Once her body felt normal again, she craned her neck to check on her teammates. She saw Bruce in the co-pilot seat, drooling from the corner of his mouth. She grimaced, reached over and slapped his cheek, getting him to wake up. He darted up, eyelids half closed as he glanced around.

The ship was driving itself vertically towards Asgard, but the artificial gravity inside allowed them to walk around as normal

The ship was driving itself vertically towards Asgard, but the artificial gravity inside allowed them to walk around as normal. Ana got out of her seat, and tripped over when her legs felt like jelly. Valkyrie woke up just in time to see Ana face plant onto the floor. She started laughing, the sound alone getting Thor to open his eyes.

"Ouch." Ana mumbled to herself, standing up to raise a hand to her throbbing forehead.

"You alright?" Thor asked.

Ana nodded, "I'm fine. Guys, look alive. We're here."

The Revengers looked out of the windshield to the starry atmosphere around them. They were nearing Asgard, getting closer to the clouds above the realm. Ana sat back in her seat, not caring enough to buckle up. She observed the way the steering wheel in front of her moved on it's own as it navigated the ship towards their destination. The Commodore flew over the Observatory at the end of the Bifrost, and Ana removed the autopilot settings, boosting forward to the palace in the centre of the city.

Bruce brought up a holographic map of Asgard on the controls. It blinked as it loaded completely, and he sent Ana a nod, silently telling her they would have a better idea of where to go. Valkyrie's face dropped at the sight of her old home. Memories she wished to keep buried made themselves known in her mind. This time, she didn't push them away. She sighed gently, "I never thought I'd be back."

Ana looked over her shoulder to Val. It had to be centuries since she stepped foot in Asgard. From the look on her face, Ana could tell she felt that nothing had changed in that time. She had a look of nostalgia in her eyes. Ana pressed her lips together, and pushed forward on the wheel.

Bruce frowned at the city that was ruined. Fire was everywhere. Buildings and landscapes were destroyed. A whole courtyard of dead soldiers. Everything was different. And they all came to a harsh truth, that Asgard would never be the same again.