Ch.7: Beneath your mask//The Akatsukis head

"I love you with all your scars."

Obito laughed happily as Rins words were locked inside his heart where he would treasure them for an eternity. "I loved you too.." he cleared his throat "and I still do" he shyly took her hands in his and squeezed them lightly. "Please don't disappear out of my life again, Obito" she spoke. "I don't know how to cope with you not being here. My life has been nothing but delusional as I told myself that I could live without you. After your death.." her voice cracked and she quickly brushed the upcoming tears with the sleeves of her shirt away. "Just..please stay with me, okay?"

He nodded slowly and kept on blushing as he held  eyecontact with Rin. Her big brown eyes seemed to explore the depths of his broken soul. "Obito?" the woman soflty asked. "Y-yeah?" the scarred man's heart skipped a beat.

"Do you know the reason why you are part of the Akatsuki? Or why you survived during the Third Great Ninja War?" Obitos mood fell from top to very low. The magic of their eyecontact broke as he stood up and turned his back to her.

"It does not concern you" he replied simply and short.

- In Konoha -

Naruto ran in panic through Konohas streets while he searched for Kakashi-sensei and Captain Yamato.  "What the hell is happening here?!" he screamed as bricks from houses fell on the street and shattered in a million pieces. What is this mess? Could it be that Akatsuki is attacking right now? But why now? Why?!  

The blonde Shinobi jumped on the next roof top to gain control over the situation. People were running in despair and screaming for help. Some were even hurt and lay unconscious on the ground. Buildings were destroyed and barely stood on their pillars. He also saw some Ninja who tried to help but the excitement was too big. "Naruto, Tsunade summoned you. Akatsuki is here and they're after you. You cannot fight due to our low defense. Please take me with you and get yourself to the Hokage tower" the teen spotted a little bunshin of Katsuyu the Hokages summoning animal. "Ayy..but won't we fight back  dattebayo?" he exclaimed angrily. "Please hurry up Naruto, I'll explain everything on our way". "A-ayy!"

- Back in Kamui dimension -

"Just what the hell do you mean that it does not concern me? Let me tell you something my dear friend! I just found my long passed away friend after sixteen years. I witnessed your death however I couldn't believe and deal with the thought of you not being here. I even sensed a weak faint of your presence while I tried to go on and leave the past behind me. Meanwhile you've survived what is still a mystery to me because a huge boulder crushed the half of your body" Rin took a deep breath.

"I told all my friends that I am fine because they worried so much about me. And while I lied to everyone that I am doing good, every night I cried myself to sleep. It is because I am in love with you I suffered so much and still do. How could you join the Akatsuki?"

"Well I don't mean to be rude but Akatsuki wouldn't exist If i hadn't created it" Obito stated.

Rins jaw dropped. She stared in disbelief at the tall man that showed her his back. "Why?" she whispered while holding back the tears. He just sighed. And sighed again. His feet tapped in a fast and impatient rythm the ground. He sighed again.

"Rin, this world is a mess" he turned around and faced Rins sad expression. "I can explain-" he stopped talking when he felt himself in the small woman's hug. She nuzzled her head in his chest and started sobbing. Obito felt bad and carressed her back hoping she would understand. "The thing I don't get is..w-why would you fall this low? So many nations had to experience great loss because y-you-" he interrupted her monologue by pressing his lips against hers. At least that was his intention because the Nohara escaped his attempt to kiss her by turning her head to the side. "Explain me first why you're the head of a criminal organisation!" she ordered angrily. "No" he answered.

No? What is that supposed to mean?

"Right now there is nothing I can tell you. I will explain to you someday. And hopefully you'll understand. We should head back to Konoha now. You'll be missed if you stay here" he picked up his orange mask and hide his face behind it.

"P-promise me" Rin whined in frustration. "Promise me that you will tell me everything, Obito"

He mumbled something unintelligible as he gripped Rins shoulder firmly and disappeared with her in a swirl to teleport them to Konoha.

Or what was left of it.

__________________________________

A/N:

Thank you so much for reading!

If you enjoyed my story please vote and leave some comments if you feel like it 💓

Next chapter will be pretty thrilling I guess

See ya minna 😏