Ch.9: Saving Naruto, dattebayo!

The three man Shinobi-squad consisting Yamato, Kakashi and Rin approached the gates of Konoha that would led them outside the village. They were about to head off when a hysteric Shizune approached them holding fat and pink Tonton under her arms.

"W-WAIT TSUNADE-SAMA GAVE YOU NEW ORDERS, YAMATO, KAKASHI AND RIN WAIT!" she stopped abruptly and out of breath in front of the three Shinobi.

"Hmm" the silver haired scarecrow looked with furrowed eyebrows at the Hokages apprentice. "Something wrong Shizune?" Yamato asked.

Rins thoughts drifted away. She still dreamt about Obitos and her dance the recent night.

"Hey are you listening?!" R-I-N!" Kakashi shook her by her shoulders.

"It will just be us on this mission, Yamato was assigned to help building the village. He is the most suited for it since he has the first Hokages Kekkai Genkai".

Yamato sighed. "I'd prefer accompanying these two. I mean I am the only one who can control Kyuubi in case something happens. Can't the rebuilding of Konoha wait a little bit?"

Shizune and Tonton gave each other "the look". "There is no way you can refuse my masters orders. We need to strenghten Konoha again just in case Akatsuki is intending to attack us again. We can't take any risks anymore. Not now and surely not the upcoming weeks".

"Tenzou, the Hokage is absolutely right. Besides she wouldn't send just me and Kakashi if she knew that we weren't capable in succeding this mission alone".

"I am glad that you understand Rin. Additionally we believe that you are the most suited for this mission, Rin".

"Me, how come?" the brunette scratched her head and blushed a bit.

I am the most suited for Obito.

"Well you've been a Jinchuuriki yourself. Tsunade and me are aware that you know how to surpress the Kyuubi. We also heard that the masked man which is part of the Akatsuki possesses the Sharingan. You could fight over dominance who controls the Bijuu inside Naruto. The mission isn't just to save Naruto. It is more the annihilation of the Akatsuki ".

Rin gave Shizune the fakest smile she could manage in this moment. "Sure me and Kakashi will take care of this matter".

Inside her mind a quiet voice whispered all her fears to her.

What if you have to face at some point Obito at the battlefield.

What if you can't kill him.

What if  you refuse to kill him. You'll be a traitor to your own village..

But...

What if?

There was no way not even the slightest chance that Rin could kill the love of her life. Losing him would be the same as losing herself.

If it means to be with him, I won't hesitate to sell my soul to the devil!

Yamato watched the woman carefully. She has been acting weird for a while now. However...

"Have fun in kicking Akatsukis ass! And bring me back Naruto in a whole not in pieces. Kakashi-senpai, Rin. I wish you good luck"

"Good luck you two" Shizune waved goodbye.

"Tonton" Tonton snorted.

"Sayōnara" Kakashi and Rin replied in unison as they left home.

***

"And that is why my artwork is better than Sasoris, uhn! I mean he is dead now still art is an explosion right Tobi?" the blonde dude whose name apparently was Deidara turned around to catch the goofball sleeping.