Ch.8: The betrayal 2/2

It wasn't only Konoha that experienced the utmost of suffering. It was Rins heart too. One week passed after Pain intruded Konoha and brought destruction. Since then Obitos presence vanished completely. He promised to explain everything to her.

You can't break a promise can you?

A lot of tents and cabins replaced houses now. Rin opened the main one and caught Tsunade-sama whispering something into Kakashis ear. Once she was finished the scarecrow dashed outside but not without giving the brunette a warming smile through his mask.

"Hokage-sama the medical team accomplished to heal the worst wounds our Shinobi and citizens received" rin confidently reported. "Yet we had to deal with a lot of losses and.." her voice disappeared. She coughed. "I-I..-" the Nohara faltered. "I am very sorry but I should leave now" the brunette bowed down in embarassment and turned to the exit.

"Rin, I am aware that Naruto means a lot to you because he resembles your childhood friend. Still a shinobi can't let themselves control of their feelings. We will manage to free Naruto out of Akatsukis hands" the Hokages fist slammed the desk. "That is a promise!"

"S-sure" the young woman left for her current home where she fell on the soft and comforting sheets of her matress. As soon as the warmth of her bed surrounded her the waves of pain drowned her cruelly.

I am sickening. Insane. I should be mourning over Narutos hijack however my mind is stuffed with him. Him, and only him.

She lied cuddled in the safety of her blankets until the moon hung in a shiny dimmed light crescent above the sky. Calming breezes of the summer night air danced through the curtains and finally reached the trist woman to dry the salty tears on her cheeks. The loneliness suffocated her and she decided to turn on her record player which gladly did not got ruined.

Rin danced on the wooden floor of her cottage that resembled her own little stage tonight. The weak light of the moon that broke through her window was the flashlight. The signal that she had to perform whatever might happen. There was no time to regret. Reality was just brutally moving forward.

Wiggling her hips to the rhythm of the music her bare feet lead the guidance. Her soft voice hummed to the lyrics of the song playing.

All I want is nothing more
To hear you knocking at my door
'Cause if I could see your face once more
I could die as a happy man I'm sure

When you said your last goodbye
I died a little bit inside
I lay in tears in bed all night
Alone without you by my side

But If you loved me
Why did you leave me
.
.

"Hypothetically speaking, if someone in your immediate presence were to ask you to dance with them, would you, hypothetically, say yes?" Rin spun around and faced Obitos unmasked face that was illuminated by the moonlight. He only wore black pants. She noticed that his crushed side had a  different skin tone than the rest of his body.

He looked so vulnerable.

Her teary eyes widened and all her sadness she kept within her threatened to burst out. "Shhh" the raven haired man took her hand and kissed the back of it before he pulled her in his strong and naked arms. Their movements synchronized with each step. The brunette laid her head on his bare chest and dared to say nothing. All she wanted was to capture this enchanting moment. While dancing their eyes exchanged looks, hers pleading and his evading her glances apologizing.

Take my body
All I want is
All I need is
To find somebody
I'll find somebody

'Cause you brought out the best of me
A part of me I'd never seen
You took my soul wiped it clean
Our love was made for movie screens

Obitos lips brushed her face gently and butterfly kissed her matted eyelashes while he swayed her to the soft voice of the singer. Rins heart beat heavily as he touched her so softly.

Her body was melting under his heat yet her mind still needed some answers. "O-obito" she mouthed but was interrupted as his fingers traced down the contours of her bottom lip.

She understood. This moment belonged only to them. No other but the moon witnessed the two lovers.

Tonight all the issues that bothered them did not exist. It was only Obito and Rin. Rin and Obito. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Their eyes locked in an intense gaze and their noses accidentally poked each other while their dancing remained. Obito knew if their lips locked there was no way he could stop the storm that would follow afterwards.

The song has stopped long ago but it did not matter to the two of them their feelings played an own melody that led them through the tiny room. Hours passed when the first rays of sunshine illuminated the small stage.

"I have to leave now, Rin" Obitos eyes expressed. "Sleep well" he whispered and placed a loving kiss on her forehead while carrying her to her bed. Their hands laced and when Rin was about to drift into sweet dreams she pulled him with her last force down to her closing the space between them.

***

Rin woke up from loud knocks on her front door. "H-Hey are you alright, Rin? Hokage-sama summoned us immediately!"

The brunette nuzzled her head in her pillows and caught the delightful scent of Obito.

So this wasn't a dream. Did he actually stay for awhile after I fell asleep?

She stretched herself and fell back on her mattress. Her empty heart didn't seem that empty anymore.

"A-ALRIGHT RIN BE PREPARED I AM COMING IN!" Yamato almost ruined the doorknob as he nervously entered the little cottage. A faint smell of a person went almost unnoticed as the Shinobi smirked at a tired looking Rin. "Quite the lazy one, huh?"

"Shut up Tenzou" she laughed at her friend. "What do want from me so early in the morning anyways?" she yawned.

"Early? Rin it is almost 04:00pm. Besides Tsunade sent our three man squad to a mission"

"A mission? In times likes this?"

"Yeah. We spotted one of Akatsukis hideouts!"

"So..?"

"We'll be saving Naruto from our enemies"

Rin stood immediately up as every single muscle in her body froze.

"Save Naruto?!" her voice shivered. I'll be facing Obito then...as an opponent!

The song they had danced to played in her head as every single detail of their night occured in Rins mind.

But If you loved me
Why did you leave me

__________________________________

A/N:
sorry for splitting this chapter into two parts. It just felt right.

leave a vote if you enjoyed this chapter 💖

see ya!