YOU ARE OLD ENOUGH TO HANDLE IT!

The art of being wise lies in the part of knowing what to overlook. We are often about to face multiple situations in a single moment. Our mind will keep playing merry-go-round between options. Despite everything and everyone, the rite decisions we take at the rite moment, is what decides what we are.

        It was mid march. Things where fine. college life was amazing each day for all the freshers. The joy and pride of becoming a Doctor soon, will always be evident in all their faces. Now, it was already time for the most loved event of every year. Yes, their Medico’s intercollegiate meet called “Vidyotsav- 2016” was fast approaching.

     Once the official circular with dates was sticked on their notice board, their joy knew no bounds. The student chairman of the college gave the announcement that,

      “committee works for Vidyotsav will begin from today. Students are requested to go to their respective committees. Freshers are also requested to get segregated in various committee of your interests. The committee details and the incharges lists are also available in the notice board”

  The freshers started to crowd near the notice board to check for the committee details. In a matter of few minutes, they dispersed to get register in the committee they wish. Being aware of the fact that a candidate can be in maximum 2 committees, Sanjana and Rithwik enrolled themselves in scientific and cultural committees. The committee discussions began. Seniors where elaborating the norms of the committee. When everything was going full fledged, office clerk came and called for sanjana.

    “Who is Sanjana Vasudevan here? You are wanted by principal sir immediately” saying thus he left.

  Sanjana marched fast towards the principal room.

   “Excuse me sir, may I come in”

   “yes come in”

  “Good afternoon sir”

  “Good noon. So, sanjana an all India debate competition for medical colleges are about to be held at Hyderabad. The topic will be instant and based on some burning ailments. We want you to represent our college this time. Management will take care of your every accomodations to and fro. So, can you?”

  “sir, but am I suppose to go alone?”

  “Because of the fast approaching cultural meet, we are unable to send anyone from the college to accompany you. If you want, you can take your parents or friends along with you”

  “ok sir! Am ready to set off”

  “good. Four days ahead for your depature”

  "ok sir. Thank you." she smiled.

      As she left the principal room, she rang up to her mom and conveyed this. Unfortunately, her mom was busy with her works and wasn’t able to claim for any leave. So, she suggested sanjana to take her brother along with her. But, her brother and father as weel was bound in some official works and wasn’t able to accompany her. When she was totally confused and upset, Rithwik caught her sitting alone and came to her.

  “what for principal called you” he asked.

     She explained him what happened so far.

  “see, first of all congradulations for getting selected and am happy that you agreed in one go without giving a second thought. Because oppurtunities will not hit you often. you made a wise move. But one thing, why are you expecting someone to accompany you? Hyderabad isn’t some other country. Be relaxed, go alone. Remember sanju, you aren’t little still. You are old enough to handle this on your own”  he completed.

      Instantly a smile creeped on her face. A smile of getting clear with things. She felt strange, how come this guy could handle everything so cool? Especially she was amazed that he is handling her so well and every meaningful or meaningless words of him in the rite time, make the light in her head glow bright. So finally she decided to go alone.

          Not everytime things will be fine between besties. If so, they ain’t besties.

 Sanjana and Rithwik were busy with their committee works rite from the morning and decided to have a break at 10am. So, they went to canteen and ordered for two teas. While they where waiting for the tea to come, sanjana began…

   "Ritz… what will you do, if you receive a mail now to join in JIPMER ?"

    He stared as if, what a silly question. And shot back "what will you do first?"

    “ I will just ignore. You tell me now” she asked again.

   “ That miracle wont happen to me. In case if it happens, I’ll go join there, will booze everyday and will enjoy” he said naughtily.

  "so you booze Rithwik?" her voice slightly increased. He sensed the annoyance in her tone and decided to stir it more.

  "yah! Of course I booze. Why not?" he said in a casual tone.

     She grabbed her bag swiftly and began to walk away in anger without uttering a word.

  “hey! Sanajana… whats wrong with you? Stop. Wait a second”  he ran chasing her and stopped her.

   "Whats your problem now?" he asked.

   “ I hate people who booze. I hate more the one who have hid this from me so far” she said in a firm and angry way.

" ok fine, you hate people who booze. But, why do you hate me? "

"Mocking? Just now you said that you will booze rite? " she asked irritated.

"haha… yes I said, I just thought of stirring you up and see how you are reacting!" saying thus, he began to laugh hard.

"what?" she stood there puzzled.

"yes. I don’t booze. When my friends booze, I use to drink lemonade will grilled chicken. Am asking, do I look like a guy who booze?" he finally said.

“Idiot, you don’t have any better job than pulling my legs everyday” she said and threw her bag on him.

 “catch. Out. Ok have your tea, lets go, its getting late” he said.

 Giving a ‘what kind of creature is this’ look, sanjana drank her tea and they both left to resume their works.