TRUE BOND NEVER BREAKS NO MATTER WHAT .

"welcome mam." Greeted the receptionist.

"Thank you. Am a candidate here " Sanjana responded.

"well, can I please know your registration number?"

"sure. 1429306 " she said, stretching her registered card.

" you are sanjana vasudevan, representing Pearl harvester medical college, Chennai. Am I correct?" the receptionist verified.

"yes" she confirmed.

"Here is your room key. Room 209 in the first floor. You can have your breakfast and lunch in the mess hall at the ground floor mam. And your debate competition starts at 4.30pm in the college main auditorium" the receptionist gave the required details.

"Thank you" said Sanjana and left.

Actually, they have allotted their college's hostel room to the candidates, Sanjana went to her room. Being a hostel room, it wasn't that big. But, still it was spacious, ventilated, neat and of course a good one. There were three cots in which two of them were vacant and one had a bed and a pillow, covered with clean white covers. As she was very tired, she had a sound nap. She skipped her breakfast and after a while she woke up, got ready and went to the ground floor to have lunch.

"Hey ! Sanjana... " a girl shouted and hastened towards her.

"Neya... " Sanjana too shouted and hugged her.

It was Neyashree, sanjana's childhood friend. (Photo on the top)

"Hai babe. How are you? Its nearly 8 years since we met" Neya exclaimed.

"Yes. And am fine. How about you Neya? "

"Good re. How about Prathiksha? Are you both in contact? " she asked in excitement.

"yah! We are in contact. But no more neighbours. She is doing engineering in Chennai. But we both stay in college hostels. We use to catch up for weekends "

" That's really great to hear. See how fate is playing. Three inseparable souls since kids, grew absolutely out of contact all of a sudden " Neya said in a flat voice.

"Haha... no worries darling! here we are inseparable again. True bond never breaks no matter what" she said and side hugged her.

  These two buddies, as they chatted had their lunch, went to Sanjana's room and chatted. They rang up to Prathiksha. Neya had a lenghthy talk with her and in between Sanjana use to snatch the mobile and say something and finally it was 2.30pm when Prathiksha disconnected the call. Again these two started. The clock showed 4.00Pm and they were still nuttering. Somehow, at 4.20pm they left the room to the auditorium for the competition. Once everyone was arrived and seated, the event begun. A gentleman stood up from the dice and started,

"A cordial welcome to all future doctors who have all gathered here from various parts of India under one roof today for the ALL INDIA DEBATE CORNER FOR MEDICOS 2016. The competition will commence in few minutes. As we mailed, the topic will be instant, we are going to give you the topic. So, after that you can start debating. So, the topic is the burning ailment in India at present, THE EBOLA VIRUS " he announced.

  The debate started . Each one put forth ample points and it turned into an argument and then into a vigorous word fight. Everyone fought hard to prove their stand and it was remarkable too. Sanjana and Neya was also actively involved. This persisted for nearly 2 hours and finally the curtains were closed at 6.30pm by one of the famous doctor. She conveyed her views about the topic and appreciated the students for their brilliant participation. She also informed that the results will be announced at 7.00 pm. The candidates dispersed from the auditorium. There where some stalls out over there. Neya pointed towards a coffee stall. Sanjana and Neya had coffee.

"so, Sanjana... how is your brother? " asked Neya

"Arjun? Ya he is fine! Wanna talk to him? Shall I call? " Sanjana gave a naughty look and took her mobile

  Being neighbours, Arjun and Neya were kid lovers. When Neya vacated, Arjun wept like anything in his room. He didn't eat that night and after few days he managed to recover. Kid of course.

"No thank you" Neya said, folding her hands.

" you know what all he did after you vacated? Uff... coz of him, I struggled a lot to hide this from mom and dad. Even now, I use to mock him at times. He use to laugh at his mischievousness." Sanjana said

"Even I use to laugh, whenever I am remembered of those days" Neya gave in and both laughed.

   Everything you thought as perfect and correct will one day prove you wrong and you will laugh at your innocence. No matter whatever age we are in and however matured we think we may be, mind has the habit of going behind fantasies blindly.

   It was finally time for the competition results. Everyone gathered in the auditorium and the results were announced.

   The winner was a guy from North India. They had prizes under 10 categories, out of which the award for saying the most valuable point was given to Sanjana.

   The event terminated and everyone began to depart. Sanjana and Neya went to their room, packed and left the hostel. They headed straight to the railway station and had dinner in a hotel there. Since Neya was living in Haryana and her train is half an hour earlier than Sanjana's they both had a final warm hug and bade bye with a heavy heart. They promised to stay in touch.

  After sometime, Sanjana's train arrived too. She got in, found her seat and settled. The train began to move and that is when she was lost in the thoughts of her train journey, the previous night. She was still unable to accept the fact that, she met him. She was thinking about that all the while and slept.

  Next day morning, she reached Chennai. Arjun came to pick her up. She narrated the entire story to him on their way to her college. They both were laughing. Sanjana bargained for a silver pendant from her brother, if he is in need of  Neya's number. As they reached her college, Sanjana bade bye to her bro and went to her hostel.