Episode 2: Part 4: Aye, There's the Rub...ble

Previously on 'The Final Countdown...'

Our heroine finds herself trapped under a pile of rubble, that may or may not have once belonged to a gigantic stone octopus. The city around her is crumbling to its knees, and she knows she only has one chance to get out alive.

Val had never found herself trapped under a pile of octopus-themed rubble before.

And damn, if rubble wasn't heavy.

"No bones broken." She pushed a huge chunk of stone beak off her head. "Just my pride."

She had a good-sized cut on her forehead. It hurt like the Dickens (which for those of you playing the home game means REALLY QUITE A REAL LOT) but all things considered, her scrape with the biggest octopus in the history of cephalopods was relatively painless.

"Well..." She stood up and gave her head a hearty shake. "That sucked."

A few of the buildings near the toppled bank had caught fire, and a huge, billowing cloud of smoke floated just above the entire city. 

Damn it. He was right. About everything. All those conspiracies. All that time spent trying to convince me.

And he was right.

"And now I have to find him."

She jogged down the street, but stumbled only a few steps along. 

"And maybe stop this bleeding."

______________________________________________