[Chapter 1]Summer break

The school bells chimed filling the silence with a ringing noise that signaled the start of summer break. Quickly, Herds of teenagers Rushed out of the school gates like water bursting through a dam. While the motion of teenagers pushing and shoving through each other to leave the school, a senior student sat in the library watching the scene play out. Rolling her eyes at the stupidity of the other students, she glanced back down her phone and continued to listen to her music.

She was sitting cross-legged at the table closest to the exit, waiting for the rest of the students to leave so she can exit without having people invade her personal space. She was dressed in blue overalls with large pockets over a dark long sleeves shirt with a white-collar. Along with that, she also had on blue knee-high boots over striped stockings. The headphones were comfortably placed on her head, we're colored the same dark color as the long sleeve shirt she wore; matching the aesthetic of the outfit.

Glancing upwards, she looked through the slightly fogged window to see if the crowd has settled down. A Satisfied smile grew on her face when the previous crowd a rambunctious teenagers was nowhere in sight. putting her phone in her pocket, She grabbed her backpack and hung it over her shoulder before walking out of the school Library. Before she was able to leave, the old lady sitting behind the counter gave her a sweet wave and said something that was not audible due to the music blasting in the teenager's ear.

Returning the kind gesture, the teenager looked back at the old woman and gave her a nod of acknowledgment and a farewell wave with her open hand. After that, the teenager exited the library and started walking back to her home. As she walked down the concrete sidewalk, thoughts of all the things that she could do during the summer fluttered her mind. "Maybe I should spend time with (M/Bff), he is my best friend after all." She mumbled to herself. Her daydreams quickly escaped her mind as her phone buzzed repeatedly. Quickly, the teenager pulled it out of her pocket to see if it was a text message from a friend or family member. With wide eyes, she looked down at her phone and saw that it was warning alert.

"Warning! A dangerous killer has broken out of jail in the last place they were spotted was in the town of Wellspring. Be careful when walking around the area, and if you see him please report to your local police station"

The feeling of anxiety rush throughout her whole body, like an Olympic runner at the start of a gun. The anxiety felt like being hooked up to a cattle fence, not enough voltage to kill but sufficient to keep things uncomfortable. The town that was mentioned in the warning, was the same town where the teenager lived. Placing her phone back in her pocket, she continued walking down her usual path that she took home. When she finally arrived at her home, She pulled out a pair of silver keys from her pocket and use them to unlock the front door. She released a sigh of relief when she was back inside the safety of her own home.

Dropping her backpack onto the carpeted floor, the young teenager walks into the kitchen with all the intentions of grabbing something to eat. When she stepped foot into the kitchen, she noticed the lack of her mother; usually after school, the teenager's mother would wait in the kitchen and preparing a meal so it was unusual when she wasn't in the kitchen. Walking up to the kitchen counter, the teenager's eyes landed on a folded note that had her name written on it. Unfolding the piece of paper, her eyes quickly skimmed over the context that was written.

"Dear (__)

I know it's weird that I'm not in the house, but I assure you there's a good reason. My boss had called me while you were still in school and told me that I had to go with him on an important business trip. I'm only going to be gone for 2 weeks so don't do anything crazy. there's enough food in the fridge to last so don't worry about starving!

Love, mom"

Folding the piece of paper back up again, she placed it back on the counter and walked over to the fridge. She pulled out a packet of microwavable food and followed all the instructions to make it. When she was done cooking the food, she went to the living room so she could eat it while watching Netflix. As her hands fidgeted with the remote and her eyes scan through the options that Netflix provided, She quietly ate her food in silence while trying to decide what movie or show to watch.

When she was about to click on one of the movies, the sound of shattering glass came from the kitchen. Jetting up from her chair, The teenager had to turn to the direction of the noise and quietly asked, "What the hell was that?" Her heart instantly sank into her chest as she started walking towards the kitchen. Every step she took, she felt as if her nerves and body we're becoming stiffer due to fear. Taking a deep breath, she grabbed the golf club that was located in the corner of the living room.

She had a weapon from regripped into our hands, a small bit of confidence rushed through the girl's body she exited and started walking towards the kitchen. When she was in front of the door that led to the kitchen, She grabbed the handle with her open hand and slightly pulled it open. With her body shaking with uncontrollable fear, she leaned over to peek through the opening between the door in the wall. When nothing was out of the ordinary, she opened the door fully and started to investigate the kitchen.

Once she was in the kitchen, her eyes were instantly drawn to the broken window. Glass shards were scattered all over the floor; each Shard had its own unique shape but they all had one thing in common, and that thing was that they all used to belong to the same window before it was shattered by an intruder. Curiously and quietly, she walked over to the broken window and poked her head out to see if there was anyone outside. With a shaking voice, she said, "Hey, is anybody there?"

After those words left her mouth, she instantly froze upon hearing the floor Creak behind her. a shiver ran down her spine when a deep, dark voice whispered from behind her, "I'm right here, doll face~"