[Chapter 9] A terrible rainy day

She ran as fast as her legs could carry her. Sweat rolled down her, After that, it slid down her pale neck. As the teenagers' feet slapped against the cold concrete sidewalk, droplets of rain fell from the sky. Hitting the black road, small Puddles of water started to form on the road. Then The small puddles turned into a river that flowed down into the sewer. Raindrops fell down from the sides of houses And fell down to the floor. The stray cats huddled In areas that were not covered in water.

With her heart continuously thumping in her chest, the girl made a quick left turn down the street and ran into a cluster of houses. The muted colors of the houses flash in the corners of her eyes as she quickly ran by them. As the teenager Ran by a sign, she was able to read the contexts of it " Cansfield Street"

"I'm so close, I just need to take one more right turn and I'll arrive at Riverhead Road." She panted as she gripped the side of her chest. Pain flow throughout her entire body like a nasty poisoning eating purple inside; it's spreading quickly without any remorse, causing the girl to cough and gag as her feet continue to move. Despite the fact that her lungs were burning and her legs were slowly giving up, she continued to run for her dear life.

lighting up like a match, her eyes sparkled brightly as they were met with another street sign that had the words, "Riverhead Road" Written on them with a milk-white color. Pushing her heels down against the crumbling concrete, she pushed herself forward into Sprint as she turned past the sign and ran into the neighborhood that was on the street.

As more houses passed by her like a side-scroller video game, a sense of relief and happiness found its way to her face when her eyes met with the blue Suburban house that her friend lived in. Frantically, the girl stumbles her way up the slippery stairs and almost fell down multiple times at your feet that was the wet wood of the stairs. When she was completely up the stairs, she slams her fist into the doorbell multiple times causing the ringing noise to play, repeatedly.

"Please...please tell me that he's home...please." The girl choked out in a desperate cry. Somewhere in Heaven above must have heard her prayers because the front door slowly opened to reveal her male best friend and the warm friendly inside of his house.

(M/BFF) has long black hair straightened out that gave him a sort of feminine appearance. He wore a bluish-gray coat, a red shirt with a big black dripping pattern on it, bluish-gray pants with gray linings on the side, black socks and red slippers. By the way, he was dressed, he was probably going out to get groceries or something along those lines.

"(___)? What the hell happened to you, are you okay?" He stammered as his eyes met with the bloody and bruised appearance of the girl standing in front of him. With her bruised hands, he pushed him back inside of the house and once they're both inside, she whipped around and slams the door shut. With her lips trembling, the girl frantically stutter, "Th-there's no time for questions! We need to lock the house down and we need to call for help!" Quickly nodding his head, he pushed past the girl and locked the front door of the house and proceeded to lock the rest of the windows.

While he was locking every single entranceway in the house, (___) Ran towards the houses telephone in quickly punched in the numbers nine-one-one. Raising the phone up to her ear, the girl listens to the ringing and almost had a panic attack when she heard the operator speak."

"This is nine-one-one, what's your emergency?"

"Please, help me!? The serial killer that broke out of jail it's coming after me!? Please, come over and help me!"

"Ma'am, I need you to calm down. Please, tell me where you are located and what happened."

"I was originally in my house when Allen J. Jones broke into my house and brutally assaulted me!? I managed to escape though and I'm in my friend's house!? Please, send cops to my house! Please, I'm begging you!?"

"All right, we're sending the police over to your address. Make sure to hide in a safe area and keep us online."

"Right... thank you, thank you so very fucking much!"

She pulled the phone away from her face, she rushed towards her friend who is currently in the kitchen. Stumbling backward, he threw something into her hands but she wasn't able to see what it was until she properly looked down at it. It was a kitchen knife. "If you're not joking, we're going to need things to defend ourselves." (M/BFF) Firmly stated as he grabbed a frying pan out of the kitchen drawer.

With his other hand, he grabs onto the bloody two girls sleeve and dragged her into the dining room and the both of them ducked under the table. With the only noise being the sound of their breathing, the two of them sat there in anticipation as an as they gripped onto their weapons tightly. Even though the situation was still Pence, (___) felt someone happy knowing that she was in a safer place in her own house.