[Chapter 10] Comforting Hug

The only sound present in her ears was the thumping of her heart and her harsh breathing as she clutched the knife tighter and her hands. with her whole body trembling, she stared down at the knife and a reflection was looking back at her. a sense of shock and surprise replace her feelings of fear as she looked at her reflection.

A large grotesque scratch mark was carved onto her face but it was barely noticeable due to copious amounts of blood splatters that we're Splash onto her face and body. Blood wasn't the only liquid that stains her face though, Trails of Tears Started at the corners of her eyes and ran all the way down his chin. Her eyes were puffy, and her nose sniffled every few seconds. She looks like a mess, a complete mangled mess.

"It's okay... what's the police arrive, you're going to get out of this mess" (M/BFF) said in an good-natured voice, giving her a reassuring smile. Smiling back at him but not with the same amounts of reassurance, the girl replied, "I know...I just wish they could get here sooner."

Awkward silence slowly killed the conversation as the two of them sat there with their weapons in hand, waiting for anything to happen. As the quietness infected the air, He let go of his frying pan and placed it at his side before slowly scooting closer to her. "What are you doing?" She curiously quoted, "Shouldn't you have your weapons in your hands?" Gently, he wrapped his hand around her and pulled her into a soft Embrace of a hug. "I know, I know...I just thought you needed a hug after all you've been through." His oddly intimate actions made her blush, not knowing how to act in such a situation.

With a simple shrug, she also let go of her weapon so she could hug him back and hid her face in his shoulder. After all of the beatings she endured, after all of the nightmares she had, After all the pain she experienced, she didn't know that she needed a hug so badly.

Having her back in a loving gentle motion, he softly mumbled, "It's okay, nothing's going to happen to you as long as I'm here." The ones previous pain in her chest was replaced with butterflies. it has been such a long while since she ever had this close of intimate contact with someone.

After a few seconds, She pulled away from the hug and gave a smile back to her friend. "Are you feeling a bit better now?" He asked with a calmness in his voice, as he moved his hand back to grab his frying pan once again. Nodding her head, she simply smiled back and replied, "Y-Yeah...Thanks for the hug, I didn't know I needed it until now." Copying her smile, he looks back at her it happily said, "Anything for a friend"

with their weapons back in their hands, the two of them playfully whispered it to each other as if they were children staying up against their bedtime not wanting to be caught by their mom. For the first time since summer began, (___) felt happiness course through her body because of the fact that she was safe and that she had her friend by her side.