[Chapter 7] The monster in the dark

Her nails dig into the floor below her as a tugging Force pulled her backward. The screeching and cracking of her nails we're the only audible sound besides her rapid heartbeat. (__) felt her whole entire body drag against the concrete, her chest burned due to the lack of oxygen. She refused to breathe, she thought if she were to inhale she would lose her grip and fall back into the Shadows.

It was agony. Her chest seized, once, twice, and she held out as long as she could; until she finally let out a wheezing cough which caused her finger to loosen. Muttered laughter echoed behind her and continue to repeat as if it were a broken record player. The deadly cold hand around her ankle grip tighter, it's Nails digging into her skin. She gave a strangled cry, trying to drag herself towards the light.

The monster in the dark squeezed her ankle so hard That her bones felt like it was about to snap in half of a Kit Kat. "Help! S-someone!?" She screamed as loud as she could. The air in her lungs all whooshed out, and yet she still struggled, refusing to give up. Using her free leg, She kicked it down hard on to the thing that was wrapped around her ankle.

A monstrous deafening Screech Echo from the darkness, as the fingers of the creature, loosened against her ankle. With tears streaming down her blood-covered face, the girl pushed yourself back onto her feet and ran towards the blinding light, ran towards her only bit of hope. With her hand extended forward, she ran into the life, Escaping The Darkness along with its unknowing inhabitants.

Everything was a blinding white color. Everything was silent for a few minutes before the sound of a heartbeat filled her ears like a melody. Pain shot through her body as the whiteness faded away as her vision was painted with an amber color. Tiredly, her eyes opened but instantly closed again when the burning light pierced her retinas. Rubbing her hands against her eyes, she opens them again to adjust to the light.

Slowly, she lifted her back off of a floor as a searing pain danced across her back causing pain to spread all over her. When she was finally on her knees, Her tired eyes looked over her body and noticed every single cut wound and a gash in her pale skin. The taste of copper and dry blood lingered in her mouth, As nasty wound decorated her body in random places.

Slowly, the girls looked around the room and noticed that It was similar to our home. Rubbing her Temple with her bruised hands, the girl tried to think of a logical idea behind all of this randomness. The only idea that popped into her mind was disheartening. Slamming her hands down against the floor, The girl cried out in anger and sadness, "You gotta be kidding me!? There's no way that I could have been just a dream, it felt so real!"