[Chapter 5] Darkness

The basement was pitch, Black. As the girl made her first few steps down the stairs, the darkness came up and wrapped its arms around her, slowly suffocating her and it's Inky blackness. It has completely engulfed her, stealing her ability to properly see. the only thing that was visible was the single steps in front of her.

As the stairs creaked and moaned, The girl tries to forget the pit in her stomach as she quietly descended down. Her thoughts were in engulfed in fear when she heard the slamming of the door behind her. Turning around quickly, the girl ran back up the stairs and slams her hand against the wooden door. "Goddammit! Open up, you piece of shit!?" She cried frantically, slamming her knuckles against the door causing them slightly bruised.

Regretting her decisions, you repeatedly started to punch the door over and over again, getting splinters in her knuckles and fingers and having blood drip down for nails and cut wounds. Holding her bloody fists in her other arm, the girl looks down at it. Tiny splinters covered her hand and poked out of her skin like graves in a cemetery, blood oozed out of the cuts and splinters similarly to help us would pour out of a pimple.

The girl released a handful grown as if you use your other hand to pluck out to the tiny pieces of wood. It wouldn't be healthy to leave them penetrating her skin, so she had to pull them out even if they were going to cause more bleeding. As she pulled out the tiny wood chunks, bits of her skin sticks onto the wood as if they were super-glued together. Biting back a scream, The girl ripped out another piece of wood that had pieces of her skin attached to it. As the skin peeled off of her like a fruit roll-up, more of her Crimson blood began to trickle down her hands and onto her wrists.

Wants her hand was Splinter free, she ripped off a piece of her shirt and wrapped it around her arm as a makeshift Band-Aid. Once the piece of fabric was tightly wrapped around her hand, She faced her back towards the door and slid down into a whole sob. Her muscles of her chin tremble like a small child. There is static in her head once more, the side effect of this constant fear. She Sounded like a distressed child, raw from the inside.

"Why, why me out of all people!? I did nothing wrong, I'm nice to everyone so why do I have to suffer this painful hell? Why, why me!?" She screamed with fear, anger, and sadness in her voice as she fell to the ground and curled up into a small ball. Her greasy unkempt hair covered her face. Hugging her knees, snot drips from her nose and tears covered her face.

The girl was a complete mess, she cried as if no one were watching her as she gripped under her shirt, using it to wipe away her tears. Despite how many times you tried, the cheers kept pouring out of your eyes as she continued to sniffle like a sick child in bed. Closing her eyes, the girl tried to deny reality by blocking it all out of her vision.

As a world became pitch black, the girls sat there for a minute. Her thoughts wandered in her mind as they started to replay happier memories to try to calm her down. The girl started to remember her friends and family and all the wonderful things that happened in her short life. As a small Smiles practice way onto her face, she realized that she couldn't give up hope. With her happy memories as energy and determination, the girl lifted yourself off of the floor and yelled, "There's no point sitting on the floor waiting to die, I'm still alive. I still have a chance to run away from this awful place and See my family again!"

Taking a deep breath, the girls started to quickly walk down the staircase into the darkness we're all her fears were awaiting her. As she further down the staircase, her vision started to slowly decrease due to the Shadows that surrounded her. Despite the fact that her body was shaking and aching, she took a deep breath and continue to walk down. The darkness consumes her whole body, which there is no escape from.