[Chapter 11] Deafening scream

Playfully talking back and forth, the two teenagers had a delightful conversation as they reminisce on old memories of school and hanging out with friends. (M/BFF) Was trying his best to calm down the mind of his scared friend was sitting across from him. Even though the two of them were engaged in a pleasant conversation, it was still able to see the traces of fear that harbored in her eyes.

"Hey (___), do you want to hear a joke?" he asked as his eyes rested on her shivering body. Not giving a verbal response, she simply nodded her head in agreement and waited. " Why wouldn't the shrimp share his treasure," He continued in a happy tone, "Because he was a little shellfish." Looking back up at him, she rolled her eyes and answered honestly, "That wasn't funny in the slightest" Well she didn't laugh, he was doing the complete opposite and laughing hysterically at the awkwardness of the situation. "Come on, it was a little funny, right?" He protested in amusement as she cracked a smile on her face.

Even though he was mostly serious and, at times, (M/BFF) always had his little character breaking moments of where he would act childish and kid-like. Even though she would hate to admit it, She loved the smell out of character moments for him; to her, it was proof that everyone had a childlike side to them. Admitting defeat, he released a Light giggle and said, "Yeah, I guess it was--!"

Before she was able to finish your sentence, the lights in the house frantically flickered before completely turning off, filling up the whole house in darkness. A cold chill ran up her spine as her grip on the knife tightened. With Shake lips and watery eyes, she looked over at her friend to see that he also had a look of fear in his face as well. "...Clever bastard... he must have turned off the power before breaking in." He muttered underneath his breath as he grew up to the frying pan with both of his hands. "Wh-What are we going to do?" She questioned in a shaky tone as tears began to make their way down her face again.

Sitting there quietly, you would look at her with his unsure eyes and then out from under the table. As his eyes scan the back and forth, he made up his mind and crawled out from underneath the table. paniced, she scrambled to follow him, but Stopped her movement when she heard you say, " I'm going to try to turn the power back on... no matter what you hear, don't leave the hiding spot."

"...All right..." Those were the only words she was able to muster out of her mouth as watch them slowly walk away from the dining table and enter the darkness of the house. She was left all alone underneath the table with her only thing accompanying her was a small kitchen knife. With her bruised and bloody hands, she held onto the knife for her dear life, refusing to let it go or giving it air to breathe. She sat there in the dark, waiting for the power to turn on, waiting for him to return, waiting for anything to happen. Her body trembled as if she was being touched by the ghostly apparition and her ears perked up, trying to catch any noise they could to alert her on what was happening.

After 5 or 10 minutes late again underneath the table, her heart instantly skips to be and then go down into her stomach like an Olympic diver when she heard the paralyzing scream echo from somewhere in the house. Against the deal that she made two (M/BFF), she ran out from underneath the table in towards the sound of the scream.

The once familiar Halls of her friend's house had an eerie tone to them as she ran down the carpeted floors. Even though the teenager had been at her friend's house multiple times, he still wasn't fully aware of the layout of the house. With the kitchen knife tightly in her hands and pointed in front of her to face any danger, she made her way towards the house to assist her friend who was most likely in danger.