20 A Night to Remember Part II

Jungkook opens his eyes for the nth times, turning to see the clock on the wall. It has been three hours since he entered Rosé 's room and he can't sleep at all. And for the past three hours too, Jungkook only shifted himself uncomfortably on the bed. He needs to sleep but he just can't.

A small sigh escapes his lips as he sits up and he stares at Rosé. She faces the other side of the room and it seems like she's already deep in her sleep. Jungkook goes down from the bed, approaching the door. He opens the door quietly and walks to the kitchen immediately. He grabs a mineral water from the refrigerator as suddenly a noise is coming from the living room.

Jungkook walks to the living room and he notices his dad there. He's still watching television and seems very focused on the movie. Jungkook sits on the couch beside his dad, noticing three cans of beers on the table. "Dad... are you drinking?" Jungkook asks him with concern in his eyes.

His dad nods a little bit, "I need it."

"Why?" Jungkook glances at the cans.

His dad exhales a deep breath, Jungkook can smell thick alcohol in his breath although his dad isn't drunk yet. "Let's drink together." his dad hands him a can of beer. Jungkook hesitated at first before he grabs the beer and he takes a sip of it.

"Dad, you didn't answer me..." Jungkook says.

"I'm getting old, Jungkook." he says in a deep voice. Jungkook looks at his dad, somehow knowing where's the talk is going to. But he can't stop his dad anyway, he sits there in silent, listening to whatever his dad is going to say. "I think it's time to you to start work in dad's company and find yourself a kind-hearted wife that support and love you since appa can't be by your side forever."

Jungkook looks down, playing with the can in his hands. For some reason, he feels bad for his dad, because he's been hiding from his life as the famous CEO son in Seoul. But he doesn't like it when people invade his private life. That's why he asked his parent to live on his own, away from the glamorous life of his family.

"Jungkook... Can you just comeback to home and start working in dad's company?" his dad asks him.

"I don't think I'm ready, dad." Jungkook sighs in desperation.

"Why? There's something holding you back to taking this opportunity?" his dad stares at him with sadness in his eyes, sipping on his drink.

Jungkook glances around, feeling a little bit panic since he doesn't know the answer to avoid it. His dad lets out a shaky breath, hand travels to his son's back. He gives Jungkook a light pat on his back as he smiles gently this time. "So, tell me, Jungkook... Do you find your Miss Right?" his dad asks him.

Jungkook looks at his dad with a shy expression, "Dad..."

"I was 24 when I met your mom." his dad laughs at him, "She's the prettiest girl I've ever seen. And she was playing hard to get at first. But dad was still chasing her although your mom had a boyfriend that time."

This time Jungkook lets out a small laugh with his dad. His dad is smiling genuinely as he sees Jungkook's smile, "Now it's your turn, son. Tell me about her." his dad throws a bait at his son, making the younger boy scratches his nape slowly.

"Uh... okay, dad..." Jungkook starts shyly. He took the last gulp of his beer before he starts to tell his father about her. "I won't be lying' if I'm seeing someone lately..." his face turns red due to alcohol and also embarrassment for telling his dad his love story.

"Who's she?" his dad smiles.

"Park... Park Chaeyoung..." Jungkook can't help himself from smiling.