24 Let's Be Happy

Yugyeom takes a seat beside the unconscious Rosé on the bed. He looks at her with guilty in his heart as he regretted his careless behavior. How could he hit her like that although he hit her accidentally. He loves her and he realizes all of his bad behavior toward her.

She was right.

All he wants from her is sex.

But he can't help himself. That dark side of him is really exist inside him. That mental illness of him that likes her in an inappropriate way and the fact he's a sadomasochist is hurting him as well. She is the first girl who makes him feeling the warmness of love. The genuine feeling of love before he ruined their relationship.

Yugyeom dares himself to reach his hand out slowly, caressing her hair gently. But he's still afraid, afraid his touch will hurt her even though he touches her slightly. He stares at her soft facial features, she's beautiful even though her face is pale.

"Chaeyoung..." Yugyeom calls out her name softly.

"I'm sorry." he whispers quietly, "I'm a bad person for you."

"I don't deserve you... They were right... Jungkook is really the right person for you, not me, never... But what should I do now? I won't lie if I'm still loving you, Chaeyoung." Yugyeom says softly as tears invade his his eyes.

A tear escapes his eyes and he wipes it off roughly. Yugyeom stared at Rosé for a moment before he leans closer and he places a gentle kiss on her forehead, wishing her consciousness soon. Yugyeom smiled as he pulls himself before he leaves the room to wait for Jungkook outside the room.

---

Jungkook walks into the hospital building, there's a mixed feeling creeping through his nerve. He doesn't want to to be too doubtful with Yugyeom. But this feeling isn't good at all. He starts to regret why he left Rosé with Yugyeom so confidently like that.

What if he... took her away?

What if she thought he's her boyfriend?

What if he did something bad at her?

He shakes his head at the thought. No. He believes that Yugyeom won't do that again. He is a nice person, Jungkook knows it so don't doubt him.

Jungkook goes out from the lift as he enters the corridor that leads to Rosé 's room. But then, his eyes find something he's never expect there. Jungkook walks faster toward a certain guy that sits in front of her room, drowning his face in his thick arms.

"Yugyeom, what are you doing here? Why don't you wait for her inside?" he asks Yugyeom.

Yugyeom lifts his face, staring at Jungkook with bloodshot eyes, he looks quite tired. "I can't face her. I told you I'm afraid." he hisses in quiet tone.

Jungkook shakes his head slightly but he goes to the door of the room. "I'll go in. Will you join?" he tries to persuade him.

Yugyeom glances at Jungkook before he shakes his head slowly, "I'm not supposed to be there. I'll wait in here... You go. She needs you. Not me..." Yugyeom says with a sad smile appears on his face. "Not a monster like me..." he adds in the end.

Jungkook feels sad to hear that, "Come when you're ready. She needs you as well."

And Jungkook leaves Yugyeom alone in the corridor alone. Yugyeom covers his face against his palms as he mumbles, "What a perfect lie, Jungkook... She doesn't need me anymore."

And with that, Yugyeom stands up from there and he starts to walk away from Rosé 's room. In another side, Jungkook closes his eyes in disappointment to watch Yugyeom just leaves like that through the small glass window at the door. But he somehow feels happy because it means Yugyeom won't interfere his relationship anymore with Rosé.