Nightmares

Lately Smalls had been having nightmares. They're all about Baby. Has she told Baby about them? No because she doesn't want him to worry about her.

They already gave enough problems has is, with Doc. As of right now it was 2 in the morning and Smalls was out on the balcony getting some air.

Baby felt her leave bed, he tried to sleep with out her but that didn't last to long. He was use to her laying with him. He got up and went to the balcony knowing he could find her there.

"Are you-" baby started to say then he saw her eyes, they were red and puffy. "Have you been crying?" He asked worry filling his voice. Smalls looked down. "No." She said shaking her head.

"Don't lie to me." He said crossing his arms. "Fine, yes Baby I have been crying. Now can I be alone so I can cry some more?" She asked sitting on the couch swing that sat out there. She pulled one of her legs to her chest and moved the swing with the other.

"No, I won't leave until you tell me what's wrong." Baby said sitting down next to her. He sighed and ran his fingers through her hair. He knew it comforted her. "Baby stop." Smalls said  pushing his hand away.

"Smalls, princess talk to me." He said as she pulled her other leg to her chest. Since baby was swinging it now. "You die." Smalls said not looking at him. He narrowed his eyebrows confused.

"What?" He asked softly. Smalls sighed wiping her face. She turned to him teary eyed. "In my dreams you die, every time." Her voice cracked slightly. Baby saw how upset and in distress she was.

He grabbed her hand and pulled her into his chest as he enveloped her in his arms. Smalls buried her face into his chest sniffling. "I don't want to lose you Baby." She said as he kissed her forehead and ran his fingers through her hair.

"I'm not leaving you. Ever." He said pulling her closer. Smalls nodded and sighed. She wanted to believe him but her dreams still haunted her. "Hey look at me." He said lifting her head.

Smalls looked into his eyes and saw how much love he had for. Smalls smiled softly and pecked his lips before laying her head on his chest.

Baby rubbed her back and they looked out at the stars together. For once there was a sort of peace, but not all good things last long. Smalls had fallen asleep and Baby picked her up taking her inside.

Smalls was sleeping peacefully until he laid her in bed

Smalls was sleeping peacefully until he laid her in bed. She stirred lightly, mumbled something in her sleep. Baby sighed as he covered her up.

Baby sat on the bed looking down at her. He ran his fingers through her hair as she slept. "Baby." Smalls murmured in her sleep. Baby shushed her quietly. "I'm here." He said laying next to her.

Baby fell asleep as Smalls calmed down somewhat. He didn't understand why she was having these nightmares all of a sudden, he worried about her.

|||

Smalls woke up relieved to see Baby laying next to her sleeping. She reached up and pushed some of his hair away from his forehead, she sighed before getting up.

She got joe ready for his day and made him breakfast. 'Are you okay?' He signed as Smalls handed him his plate and a fork. 'Yeah I'm just tired joe, thanks for asking." Smalls signed back with a smile. She made baby a player and went to the room.

He was coming from a shower. Smalls eyes fell over his body and she almost drooled but looked back up at Baby. "I made breakfast." She said holding the plate out to him. "Thank you." He said taking the plate and Smalls nodded.

She walked to the kitchen and cleaned up. She needed some air so she went for a walk, alone. No Baby, just her. Smalls sighed as the cook wind blew through the crowded streets. She hummed a song as she walked.

"Yo Smalls!" Someone yelled, she stopped and looked seeing Buddy and Darling. What are they doing out here? "Hey." Smalls said as they crossed the street and came over to her.

"How's it going kid?" Buddy asked Smalls crossed her arms. "Fine i guess." She said shrugging as she looked at them. Buddy looked around. "What's Baby?" He asked Darling chew her gum.

"Yeah you two are like a smaller version of Buddy and I." She said looking at buddy. He smiled. "I just needed air for a second." She said kicking at the ground.

"Something bothering you kid?" Buddy asked Darling nodded. "You look a little tired." Darling said. Smalls shook her head "I'm fine." Smalls said turning away. "I'll see you guys around." She added before walking off.

She sure in hell wasn't going tell them what was wrong with her. She didn't know them that much, yeah they worked together and seemed cool but they weren't close.