Alone

Smalls had walked until she came to a bar. She went inside and sat at the bar top. It was dark out now and she knew Baby was probably worried about her.

Smalls asked for a water before paying and walking out the bar. She began to walk home, it was a nice cool night. She would be home soon.

Baby was driving around the city looking for Smalls. He was worried sick about her, his music played but that didn't calm him. He stomped on the brakes as he saw Smalls.

"Smalls get in the car now." Baby said pulling out his earbuds. Smalls jumped hearing his voice, she turned seeing Baby. She sighed before walking over to the car, she got in and buckled up.

"Doc is pissed. And frankly I am too. Why didn't you tell me you were leaving?" He asked looking over at her before the road as he started driving.

Smalls didn't say anything. She didn't know what to say, she bit her lip as she clutched the water bottle in her hands. "So you're not going to talk to me now? Fine, get out." He said stopping the car in front of their apartment.

Smalls didn't even look at him, she unbuckled and got out the car slamming it on the way out. He didn't have the right to be mad at her. Smalls sighed as she heard the screeching of Baby's tires as he drove away.

Smalls went inside kicking off her shoes and dropping her jacket on the couch. She made sure joe ate and helped him into bed before she went to baby's room.

She stood in the middle of the room for a second before grabbing her pillow. She walked to the couch in the living room before laying down.

She looked at the ceiling and felt a tear fall.

Was this a sign? Baby would die and she couldn't do anything to save him? Would she really lose her Baby, her world, her everything? Smalls curled up into a ball and rocked herself to sleep

Baby did the job Doc asked of him and was back home in no time. He let out a sigh as he came into the house and walked to his room. He didn't seem Smalls in bed so he turned and looked into the living room. He felt bad about what he said earlier, he knew it probably hurt her feelings.

He saw her laying on the couch in a tight ball. He pulled off his jacket setting it on the bed before going into the living room. "Smalls." He whispered trying to uncurl her from the ball she was in.

"What?" She mumbled softly opening her eyes. "I'm sorry about what I said earlier." He said pushing some hair out of her face. Smalls nodded yawning. "I'm sorry too for leaving and not telling you." She apologized.

"Baby." She called as he stood up. He looked down at her. "Yeah?" He said kneeling back down. "Can you stay with me tonight?" She asked softly.

Baby couldn't say no. He nodded and laid down behind her. He wrapped his arms around her tiny frame pulling her close. "You know nothing will happen to me right." He said into her hair.

"There just dreams." Baby added looking down at her. "Yeah I know, they just feel real." She said shaking her head as she forced her eyes closed. She let out a small breath before turning toward baby.

She wanted to talk to her parents, but what would they even say to the daughter they gave up? Hey we're glad you're back. Let's talk. Smalls felt alone and she didn't like that feeling.