Escape

"Baby what do you mean a lot?" She asked as he sped down the road. "I'll explain when we have time, just not right now. I have to get you to your parents." He told her, he sounded rushed and overwhelmed. Baby was always the calm and collective one.

"What? Why am I going to my parents?" She asked him still confused. "Oh god baby, what did you do?" She asked slumping in her chair. He had to do something really stupid for her to have to be at her parents, she wasn't safe that's all she knew. As he pulled up, he immediately looked at her to get out. "Baby do you really think it's safe for me to stay with my parents?" Wesley questioned as baby narrowed his eyes seemingly thinking.

"You're not safe with me." Baby said as he leaned forward placing a kiss to her forehead. "Go." He instructed quickly. Smalls whined softly but didn't want to argue, halfway out the car she paused. "You better come back to me." She warned. Baby smiled slightly nodding. "I will princess." He assured before she closed the door stepping back, her eyes watching him speed off out of the small driveway and back toward the city. Smalls knocked on the door of the dark home and waited a moment before she knocked again. It didn't take long for her dad to answer and ask what she was doing here this time of night and where boyfriend was. Mama was there to give her food and head kisses to make her feel better about the whole situation— smalls had to explain to them everything from the beginning to end. While they were confused they understood why she did what she did and that she cared a lot about the boy driver.

Smalls eventually called it a night and climbed into bed of her old room finding it still nice and neat from when she left all those years ago. Her mind drifted to Baby. She prayed that he was okay and he wasn't putting himself in anymore danger than he already was in. Doc meant business and if it jeopardized him, everyone else was going down with him for sure.

Maybe he was just tying off loose ends but with the lack of information Smalls was left to wonder. She eventually did fall asleep after settling in more comfortable in her bed that was slightly too small for her to move around in.

+*+

The next day rolled around and all day there was no sign of Baby. No phone call, no text—every loud engine that passed the small home had Smalls breaking her neck practically to see if it was her love coming to rescue her. "Hey honey. There's someone who wants to talk to you." Kate notified her daughter, smalls shuffled to the landline phone and sighed. "This is Wesley." She said crossing her arms as she leaned against the wall. "Hey it's me."

Smalls stood up straight clutching the phone. "Baby? Where are you? Are you okay!" Smalls nearly yelled into the phone. "I'm okay, just..in some trouble." He told her, he sounded sad? "Well what kind of trouble? Tell me and I'll come-" she began to explained but Baby interrupted her. "Im going to prison Wes." He said causing her to falter. Her heart sunk as she felt her breath get caught in her throat. "W-what..?" She asked her eyes watering. "There's no way! Did you tell them about Doc? Bats?! Doll? Buddy! Griff? Hell even me! You don't need to be in there none of this is your fault babe please." Smalls began to weep in fear of losing him. "Everything's done Smalls for good now. If this is the price I have to pay for our freedom so be it. You weren't mentioned in any of this. All of this is on me. It's going to be okay. I promise." He assured trying his best to calm her cries. "How long?" She questioned not even wanting to hear his response. "About six years." He told her. Smalls had to pull the phone away from her mouth as she quickly stifled a sob. Six years without her beloved? They were literally inseparable now this? "Wes? Hello?" She heard baby faintly on the phone. "Sorry yeah I'm here." She said wiping her face as she sniffled. "I don't have much longer on the phone, I have to go. You don't wait for me out there okay? Find someone better than me. I love you.." he said just as she heard the dial tone of the phone. Her eyes burned as she tried to keep anymore tears from falling, hanging up the phone she cried into her parents arms who sat in the living room.

Find someone better? There was no one else that got her like he did. There was no one better than him, ever. It wasn't a break up was it? No. He said he loved her..but he also told her to move on. She was so hurt and frustrated she fell asleep in her parents hold. It was suppose to be just them two against the world. No one else. Now it was just her..for the next six years.