Chapter 17

We were face to face.

What felt like the final battle.

"Emily don't do this. We all regretted what we did." I pleaded but I wasn't expecting her to do anything about it and I was right to. She hopped off of the desk she was sitting on and pulled the knife from the limp, cold corpse of Cameron and licked it.
"How about we play a game? I'll give you three seconds to run and if I catch you...you know what will happen, don't you?" By the way she held the knife, she didn't need to tell me that if I was caught my life would be over just like the game. Also I knew that what she said was a command, not a question so my feet began to rapidly carry me out of the room.

I kept running, knowing that three seconds had passed once I heard her coming after me menacingly. Because of the blood layer of the floor, I slipped and once I tried to get up, I was knocked back down by a foot on my back.

It wasn't fair.

The exit was right in front of me.

Seeing where I was headed, Emily giggled.
"Whoops, game over!" I closed my eyes and embraced for the pain but all I got was her stepping off my back. "Don't think I'm letting you go that easily, dear Bella! Why, your ankle looks twisted! Let me fix that for you..." she twisted my ankle even more, causing me to scream in nothing but straight up agonising pain. My eyes were squinted and my teeth were gritted so hard I felt they were going to fall out.
"You want to leave, Bella? I'll let you." I didn't believe her but she came around to the front of me and squatted, for the first time I had actually met her eyes. She had no iris but she definitely had a pupil. It was nothing short of the worst things I had seen that night. She kept contradicting herself with her words: telling me not to go, then telling me to leave.

She grabbed my face with her hands and lifted my head up so I had no choice but to stare directly at her corpse-like face. Her hands were freezing considering that she was partly alive again.
"Look at the state you're in, Bella. You should go and clean yourself up you filthy thing." She giggled when she quoted my very words. "After all, you are laying in amongst the corpses of all your school friends." I looked around as much as I could, realising that she had purposely gathered all the people who had died that night and put them right by the entrance just for me. The stench was too much, the pain was too much.

I just wanted out, even if it was death at this point.

"Now, I'm going to let you leave. I want you to tell everyone what happened tonight. I want you to tell them that the girl who committed suicide did all this. Blame it on the girl who killed herself." She dropped my chin, making it hit the floor and causing me to wince in pain, yet again.
"I want them to call you crazy - insane! While they're doing that, I'll be watching. Just like you always did to me."

Once again, I had blacked out.