Act-5

I nuzzled his neck, tightening my grip on his jacket. I heard him inhale deeply as he held me in his embrace, making my heart beat faster with every passing second. I could feel the heat rising up my cheeks.

Bloody hell. I am falling in love.

The thought struck me like a lightning bolt. Suddenly the car came to a stop and I snapped back to reality. With one move, I pushed away from him. His face was devoid of emotions when I glared at him and almost got pulled into those eyes again; however, somehow managed to resist this time.

I turned in my seat and adjusted myself, noticing the driver's discerning gaze. I quickly looked away from him and to the person in question.

"You!" I yelled, turning to him but he was already looking at me with the same bored gaze he always had with me.

"Yes, we have been over that already." His voice imitated his expressions and I had to take a step back and rethink.

Me! And in love with this jerk?!! Not even if the entire world froze over!

"Why are you here!" I demanded urgently. He gave out a light chuckle as he sat back comfortably.

"If anyone saw you few moments earlier, they would think that you missed me...and terribly so." He said the last word after a pause and with such smugness too. I was rendered speechless because that's how embarrassed I felt at his words.

"Oh please! I would rather be dead than bear that accusation!" It came out a bit too strong for my taste. I wondered why, just why did I always have to bring all the humiliation in the world upon myself.

"Heh. Did I touch a sore spot?" He said, inching closer and closer, until he was so close to my face.

"You, actually missed me." His voice was a slow whisper and he stated it like a fact. His eyes never leaving mine, until they traced lower and stayed there. And I gulped, unintentionally. Damn it!

"Shut up." I warned, carefully turning away from his piercing gaze and creating distance between me and him. He smiled that half grin of his as he watched me getting distressed before moving back to his seat.

"Why are you back?" I asked, without looking at him, trying to maintain my cool this time.

"Why, for the same reason as any guy who comes back. To get married, of course." He said coolly and I turned to face him. I really wanted to wipe that grin off of his face.

I must have been out of my senses when I had that horrible thought. He is a jerk before anything else.

"I see, that you have returned with a sick sense of humour." I added calmly to which he looked away smiling.

"Yeah, its all a sick joke." He said to himself while staring outside the window, a caustic smile playing across his face and I felt my chest tighten.

I looked away from him, though couldn't help but agree more with him.

"How is Grampa?" I asked something which was bugging me since a while back.

"The surgery was successful but its already his third time now. His heart has gotten very weak." He couldn't hide the sadness in his voice and I felt bad for him. They meant the world to him, even I couldn't doubt that.