Act-33

"Rayyan. There's one more thing—" I heard her say, as she pulled away from me. Her hand lingered on the side of my face for another moment, when she spoke without meeting my eyes.

Immediately, I felt a sudden sense of panic rising within me. For a long moment, she kept silent with her face turned to a side; chewing on her lower lip.

"What is it?" Prying my one hand free from her waist, I touched the side of her face, nudging her towards me. For a split second, I saw a flash of hesitance on her face which immediately vanished when she had again started chewing on her lips.

"I—Rayyan—" She drawled and I could feel myself exploding from the suspense of what else had been kept hidden from me. What other trouble had Zaira gotten herself into.

"I—I think— I might—be—pregnant." She ended shyly, chewing on her bottom lip, while I could only gape at her stunned. My hand slipping from her face at her words.

"Well—I have yet to take the test—but I think—I am pretty sure of it—" She chuckled, averting her gaze and I had to gulp to be able to breathe again.

"Rayyan? You—you're not happy—? I thought—" Something on my face made her stop in the middle of her sentence and that's when I became conscious of the shudders running through me, as I watched her through quivering lips; while trying to hold in my tears.

"Rayyan—" Her voice broke as she held my face in her small hands. The eyes looking back at me were filled with worry. Unable to see her anymore, because my vision had turned blurry, I tried to gulp down the lump of tears in the back of my throat. A gasp escaping my lips as I blinked away the tears and placed my hands on her shoulders to gain some support.

I opened my mouth to ask her again. In case I had misheard her before but no words would come out and I could only gawk her with tears dripping down my chin.

"Rayyan—" She sniffed through tears herself while wiping away mine with her shaky hands. I  couldn't look away from those eyes that were understanding everything that I wished to say—even as I was unable to get a word out—even when I myself couldn't completely comprehend the extent of my emotions—even though—I had become incapable to express what I so desperately wished to convey—she knew. She recognized it all.

"I—I—" Unable to go on, I turned my gaze down and a moment later, felt her forehead pressing against mine. I had to run my tongue across my lips before I could manage to continue.

"I—I—will be a dad—?" I stammered and felt her nodding her head against mine. I had to take in a sharp breath at the confirmation because I felt that my heart would explode from the sheer joy of it.

"Yes—yes you will—" She gasped out through sobs and in one swift move, I pulled her against myself. I didn't know why I couldn't control my sobs, but I just knew that in that moment, I only wanted to cry and release all my worries in the embrace of this person who was the centre of my entire existence.

——————————

"Rayyan?" I hummed in response while watching her look at the sonogram in her hand. With my back pressed against the bed rest, I had pulled her to my side. My one hand stroking her hair while the other was wrapped securely around her waist

Unable to get a shut eye, as I eagerly awaited for her gynae appointment, which I had managed to get immediately afterwards; I made sure that she got a few hours of sleep in the middle of it all.

Just as she had suspected, Zaira was indeed 9 weeks pregnant and I was ecstatic, to say the least. There was no way that I was letting her out of my sight again, even for a single moment. I thought while snuggling closer to her.