Act-22

"There's no such thing as love—you're mistaking physical attraction for it—" There was no mistaking the coldness in her voice. I knew in that moment that she actually believed this. Even though, I had lost all right to her trust—it seemed impossible for me to stop loving her. It was driving me insane. Zaira, was driving me insane and I felt I'll soon lose all control.

Her face was still turned away from me and all I could see was her bare neck—with her hair pulled up into a bun. I knew I had to stop, but it didn't seem likely that I could stop this time.

I wanted to pull away but I couldn't seem to. My senses had been seduced and I couldn't think straight except let her entice me. My hands captured her small, fragile hands in mine, interlacing my fingers with hers.

"If that's what I desired, then I would have already devoured every inch of you by now—and there was nothing you could have done to stop me—" My breath came in shallow gasps against her bare skin and before I knew it, I had captured her neck in a kiss.

Instantly she jerked towards me with a gasp, but I took no notice of it. I wanted more. This was still not enough. I pressed against her, pushing her back to the marble and before she could resist, I freed my one hand and took her face in it. My hand capturning the side of her neck in desperation.

I kept my mouth pressed against the sweet, warm skin of her neck; sucking and biting in yearning. And before she could get a chance to push away, I wrapped my other hand around her waist; pulling her against my chest with a jerk. I heard her moan before her hands reached up to push against me.

It was a futile attempt because instead of letting her go, I began to drop kisses along the side of her neck; my tongue tracing the spot I just left my mark on. But I couldn't go on, when I felt her body go limp in my embrace and she whimpered against my ear.

"—rayy-an—please—" I heard the sob in her voice as she dropped her hands to her sides helplessly. I knew she didn't love me back, but I couldn't let go.

Losing my grip on her, I dropped my hands to my sides and slumped against her. I let my forehead fall against the space between her neck and shoulder, but it took me a while to be able to say anything.

"Why—why am I so hateful to you—Zaira—" I felt my voice cracking with unshed tears. My mouth trembling against her skin when I felt the saltiness of my own tears.

"Why—why can't you love me—? why—" I whimpered before wrapping my hands against the small of her back. I thought I would fall apart, if I didn't lean on her.

"—Rayya—n" I heard her voice trembling with sobs and felt her hands reach up to touch my back. I was aware of my head shaking in no before I could protest.

"What can I do to change your heart—" I began to pull away from her, only to take her face in my hands. Her cheeks were stained with tears and her gaze held only misery. She watched me through tears for only a moment before turning away with a scoff.

"You want to change this? Change us?" She returned with a cold bitter laugh.

"Then erase that day—Go back in time and take back your lie! If you do that and erase the last 12 dreadful years of my life then I'll be whatever you want me to be—Can you do that? Huh? Can you, Rayyan?" She whimpered through trembling lips before wrenching free of my hold. I gaped at her in shock but before she was able to brush past me I clutched her wrist.

"Zaira—!" I tried saying but she brutally jerked her hand away.

"Stop it! Stop it Rayyan!! Don't you get it?!!
I CANT TRUST YOU! I don't trust you!" She screamed through tears and I felt someone squeezing my heart in a tight grip while I gaped at her taken aback.