Fifteen

"And boom, that's how you do it fella's" I grin, fist-bumping Jullian's mom as we cross the finish line in 1st and 4th on Yoshi Falls, remote controls in hand.

"I did place 2nd though, and you know that 1st is the worst and 2nd is the best," Jullian says with a raised brow, which I just roll my eyes. 

"Yeah, says the one who bet I didn't have it in me to still beat them in Mario Kart Wii after however many... years," I chuckle, my face turning solemn at the end. The room starts to fill with tension as we remain quiet, the TV still playing in the background. 

"So should we start dinner?" Mrs.Wilder says, says to her husband, the two of them slowly walking out of the living room, which is when I awkwardly shift my weight.

"I actually should probably head home, my mom must be wondering where I was all day," I sigh as I grab my phone, and as I begin to get up from my spot, his hand lands on mine.

"Just stay for a little bit longer, we need to talk about something."

"About?" I mutter, turning my eyes away from him.

"Why I hurt you Norie... look-"

"Honey there's someone at the door for Elle," his mom says suddenly, as she makes conversation with the person waiting, "Yeah she's just in the living room, please, come in." Jullian and I give a small glance to each other while we wait for whomever it may be to come into the livingroom.

"You have a beautiful home Mrs.W, I see you've changed quite a few things since you first moved in." he says, bringing confusion to my face. He quietly walks into the livingroom, giving me a small smile. "You weren't home so I went to the next place I would guess you've be at to make sure you were okay... am I interrupting something?"

"No actually, I was just leaving," I give him a small smile before looking to Jullian who remains quiet, no certain emotion put on his face.

"See you around Jullian and Mrs.W."

"You too Anthony," she smiles, as we walk towards the door he casually drapes his arm across my shoulders.

As they shut the door I look to Anthony with a questioning look, which he picks up.

"Your mom came to me worried sick where you winded up so I went searching, and it looks like I saved you from something," he chuckles as he unlocks his car, opening the door for me before we go inside. 

"Thanks I guess," I mutter, my mind beginning to clutter with the possibilities that could've came from Jullian's mouth if Andy had been just a few minutes behind.

"So.... what'd I miss?" He responds after a few seconds of silence, tapping the steering wheel to the non-existent music in the background.

"He asked to talk to me this morning... like early early morning and was upset, saying he was sorry.... and when you walked in he was about to tell me why he did what he did," I sigh, which he remains silent.

"Did he give any hints to what happened?" He asks, his eyes focused on the road as we turn onto my street.

"Nope."

"Good," he says as he parks his car in front of my house, then looks back to me, "sorry I meant okay... you should get some rest, you seem tired." He says as I get out of the car.

"Um okay... are you in a rush to go somewhere?"

"No just visiting a friend to catch up on... things." He says with a quick smile, driving off when I close the door.

"Goodbye to you too then." I mutter as I walk up to my door, knocking on it to be answered by my mom who... doesn't seem that worried.

"So I'm not grounded? I thought I forgot to tell you that I was at your house and Andy had to come get me... you're so calm." 

"What do you mean? Andy never came and Jason told me this morning. Should I be grounding you?" She asks, tilting her head.

"No I was just confused," I say, tapping my back pockets, realizing my phone is missing. "Shit." 

"Excuse me?"

"Sorry I just forgot something at his house, can I see the keys?" I ask, which she grabs them off the counter, handing them to me.

"Well, come home when you feel like staying longer than.... 5 minutes," she chuckles as I walk back out the door.

"I'll think about it, love you," I smile, getting into the car, quickly heading back to Jullian's house.

"Um okay... are you in a rush to go somewhere?"

"No just visiting a friend to catch up on... things." He says with a quick smile, driving off when I close the door.

Oh god.

••• Author's Note •••

Thank you for 10K READS!!

okay soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo here's this... hope it's okay lol, I know it's still shorter than usual but girlllllllll next chapter should get juicy... unless I just build up the suspense more (; who knows! Sorry for making you all wait 11 days for this update.... don't hate me! 

Questions to think about:

Where do you think Anthony is going?

Will Eleanor finally find out why Jullian had been so distant?

What'll happen at Jullian's house?

Why did Anthony lie? 

How did Anthony find out where Eleanor was?

・originally published September 12, 2017・updated on July 27, 2018・