Eighteen

"Wake up sleepy head, we have class," I groan, throwing another pillow at my beloved roommate who has finally returned from Singapore.

"Eleanor I'm still jet-lagged stop," she wines, protecting her face with one of the many pillows I've already thrown. She peeks from under her protection to see if I have anymore ammo, which I don't.

"Jamie, it's been 3 days... you can't still be jet-lagged," I chuckle, watching her start to fall asleep again. "Jamie?"

"I'm awake I'm awake... take notes for me?" she pleads, making a puppy-eyed face. I let out a small groan and she smiles. "What would I do to deserve you my savior," she says as she blows kisses.

"You're so lucky I love you, or else you'd be failing," I sigh, putting on my bag before heading towards the door.

"I owe you one my love!" She shouts dramatically as I open the door, "I shall see you once the deed is done." 

"Yeah yeah, goodnight Jamie," I chuckle, shutting the door, locking it behind me.

・・・

"No Jamie today?" Jullian says sitting in the empty chair beside me, a small smile appearing on my face as he sets a to-go cup of coffee on my desk.

"Nope, still wanted to sleep in... 'jet-lagged,'" I chuckle, making air quotes with my fingers. He raises his brow and chuckles knowingly, seeing that this isn't the first time she's wanted to miss out on this class... since our professor is her exes father of course.

"Hello class and welcome to the 8am session of anatomy and physiology, I hope you're all very excited to be taking some amazing notes today," he says sarcastically, getting a few mumbles in return. We begin taking notes, the class seeming to be going by as slow as it could.

"Is this class over yet," I mumble, my arm beginning to ache.

"Not quite, just- 30 minutes in," Jullian chuckles, checking his watch.

"I don't think I've ever wanted to chop my hand off more than now," I sigh, examining my hand which seems to feel like it's practically on fire.

"Don't worry Norie, I'll take them for you... I didn't forget my laptop unlike someone," he smiles, keeping his eyes trained on the boards as he continues to type.

"Hahaha, very funny."

"Would you rather me not?" He asks beginning to close his laptop, "because I can easily get notes from someone else but I don't know about yo-"

"Okay okay, take them por favor," I sigh in defeat has his smile only grows.

"As you wish princess."

・・・

"Are you busy... two weekends from now?" Jullian asks abruptly as we pack up from class.

"When am I ever busy Jewel," I smile, which he nods.

"True, just wanted to make sure," he says as we start walking out of class.

"What's the reason?"

"My parents said I could bring some people to our lake house for Labor Day weekend and I wanted to see if you wanted to go." 

"How would I say no to that? Of course I'd want to go, who else is coming?"

"I don't know," he shrugs, "you were the first one invited, invite anyone you want."

"I wouldn't say that, I could invite 100 people and you'd never know until we show up," I warn as he raises a brow.

"Norie do you even know 100 people?" He asks, making me physically stop, which he looks back, confused.

"I do in fact know 100 people Jewel, that was very hurtful," I say putting my free hand over my heart, my other intertwined in Jullian's hand.

"I'm sorry princess, I'm using this thing called humor and sarcasm, I just thought the master should know how to comprehend it to," he shrugs, trying to refrain from laughing.

"Would you like me to never kiss you again?" I grin as his face turns to terror.

"You wouldn't dare."

"Oh but I would sweetie," I say daringly, which his face contorts to confusion.

"Did you just call me sweetie?"

"Yes in fact I did," I say confidently, a smile on my face. Before I can react he quickly kisses me, beginning to chuckle.

"Gotcha," He winks, my face turning to a pout.

"Jewel, that's not fair." I start to whine like a 5 year-old.

"Pobrecita," he frowns, mocking me. (poor little thing) 

"You're mean."

"I know princess, but that's why you love me."

Author's Note: Heyyyyy it's been a hot minute

Author's Note: Heyyyyy it's been a hot minute. Sorry that it's been so long and this chapter has been so short, but I'M TURNING 16 TOMORROW WOOO, I'm old (': I can't even drive though so eh. I thought this chapter was kinda cute, and Jamie returns!! Y'all excited? No? Okay...

But soon it's gonna get heated and you may remember a specific part from Stranger Things Season 2 if you watched it (if you haven't... wyd). I hope you all liked this chapter, if not.... sorry.

Also sorry if you didn't like the spanish lmao it's a habit for me to put random things in español since I'm taking a class in it... so yeahhh... but it's only small phrases or words so don't worry... I'm not that bilingual lol.

Until next time my dears! x

・originally published on December 4, 2017・updated on July 27, 2019・