Chapter 3

The week went by quickly and it was time for Hafsah and Sameerah to pack their things off campus. After Hafsah's fight with Zayden, she never saw him and she was glad she didn't because God knew what could've happened if they crossed paths again.

     Sameerah had been trying to get Hafsah to tell her what was wrong but Hafsah turned her down everytime. Sameerah had even tried to cheer her up by telling her how her date went. Farouq had spread a blanket at the bank of the dam with fries and other tasty snacks.

     Hafsah wasn't interested in Sameerah's story, all that was on her mind was Zayden. "Hafsah I'm tired of this version of you. Please talk to me." Sameerah pleaded and Hafsah narrated the whole story to her.
Sameerah felt bad because she wasn't there for her best friend.

     Meanwhile, the apartment was a nice bedroom, living room, kitchen and bathroom.

     "Thanks for letting me stay here Hafsah." Sameerah thanked her.

     "Tell me thank you one more time and I'll chop off your tongue and feed it to the creepy black cat at the hostel." Hafsah threatened playfully.

     Sameerah smiled because her best friend was back.

     "I'm hungry." Sameerah whined. "Me too. How about we go to chicken republic? I'm craving ice cream too." Hafsah suggested.

     "Of course, I'll just change. You should too." Sameerah said.

     "I'll just wear a different hijab." Hafsah replied and went ahead to wear another hijab.

     At about 6:30pm, they were back home. Hafsah insisted on buying take out because she couldn't eat with her niqab on and she didn't want to unveil her face. Back home, a lot of guys disturbed her because of how beautiful and sexy she looked.

     After eating, they prayed and chatted for a while before going to sleep. It was Sunday the next day and they had to do their laundry. Since Hafsah didn't fancy giving people her clothes to wash, she did it herself instead.

     After their morning chores, Hafsah and Sameerah washed their clothes and left them on a line to dry. Their day was uneventful because all they did was read. When it was time for prayers, they both stood up to pray and got back to reading.

     Monday came immediately and Sameerah groaned. Another day of stress, she thought to herself. Hafsah had woken her up to pray fajr and also to get ready because their first class was by 7:00am.

     "Meet me outside." Hafsah told Sameerah as she picked up her bag. She opened the gate to the apartment complex and found Zayden leaning against a black benz.

     "What do you want now Zayden?" she asked, clearly irritated. She didn't think she'd start her day like this.

     "I just wanted to say I'm sorry for everything." he replied calmly.

     "Sorry? Zayden is sorry? That's a first." Hafsah rolled her eyes.

     "I'm really sorry Hafsah. Please forgive me, we could start over you know. Let's be friends." He pleaded with remorse clear in his voice but Hafsah wasn't buying it.

     "Of course, I'll forgive you. I already did but be friends with you? Nuh uh! Not in this lifetime." she said and at the same time, Sameerah came out.

     Hafsah shrugged and told her they needed to get going before it was too late.

     "Your class is at the blueseat theatre and you'll be late. Let me drop you off." Zayden said. "No thanks!" Hafsah replied without sparing him a glance.