Chapter 16

A knock on the door brought Hafsah and Zayden who were full on eating each others faces out back to their senses. Hafsah jumped up from him and rushed to do the door.

     "Hey." she said awkwardly with her cheeks heating up.

     "Hafsah, why do you look like you just finished making out with Zayden?" Sameerah smirked.

     "What? I didn't. I was just cooking lunch." Hafsah defended, making way for Sameerah to come in.

     "Hmm I see." she teased. "Hey sicko!" she added, referring to Zayden.

     "Hey." he smiled at her.

     "I don't smell any food though." Sameerah teased, winking at Hafsah.

     "I'm bringing the water to a boil. Just shut up already!" Hafsah groaned and walked into the kitchen to prepare spaghetti and meatballs.

     Sameerah walked in after her and closed the kitchen door. "Did you kiss him?"

     "I did." Hafsah replied in a low voice.

     "Why would you do that though? That boy broke you Hafsah." Sameerah said, frowning.

     "I know, I just couldn't see him so hurt and vulnerable. I'm the reason he's in this condition." Hafsah whispered.

     "Seriously? You're blaming yourself for his accident? Girl you weren't the one driving that car, heck, you didn't even know he was going to be in an accident. I don't know why you're doing this but whatever you're doing is wrong. You can't just forget what he did to you Hafsah. Who says he wouldn't hurt you again? He has hurt you before and I swear he'll hurt you a thousand times more. Boys will always be boys. Even Farouq, I know we've been together since first year but that doesn't mean he wouldn't hurt me. He will hurt me if he wants to Hafsah. Please, think about what you're doing. You can't just kiss him. You have to let him know his limits." Sameerah told her.

     Hafsah remained quiet, letting everything Sameerah said sink in.

     "But then, it's your decision to make in the end. Follow your heart." Sameerah added, putting some tomatoes in a blender.

     Just then, Hafsah's phone rang and she picked it up immediately. "Good afternoon mum."

     "Afternoon. How are you and how's school?" she asked.

     "Alhamdullilah." Hafsah replied.

     "Your father and I would like to discuss something important with you. Can you come home?" she asked.

     "Yes sure, I'll come home on Monday in shaa Allah." Hafsah replied.

     "Good, I'll talk to you later." her mum replied and hung up.

     "Anything wrong?" Sameerah asked. "Oh! I don't think so. My parents want to discuss something important with me." Hafsah replied. Sameerah nodded and spiced the minced meat.

     "I wonder what could be so important that I have to go home." Hafsah muttered to herself.

     They finished cooking and Hafsah put some in a plate for Zayden. "Here." she said, putting the plate on a side stool for him.

     "Thank you." he said, immediately scooping some into his mouth. "Your cooking is a ten out of ten." he complimented. Hafsah smiled at him and sat down.

     Sameerah helped herself with food and even took a juice carton from the fridge. The food was so tasty that she took seconds. Hafsah joined her in the kitchen and ate some as well.

     "I swear your husband will be so lucky." Sameerah told her.

     "I know right!" Hafsah smiled.

     "Hafsah?" Zayden called from the living room. "Coming!" Hafsah replied and left to meet him.

     "Thank you." he whispered. "For?" she asked. "Everything." he replied and she nodded.

     "Hafsah, I'll be leaving. Farouq's taking me to Camzies for pizza and her yummy crispy creme doughnuts. I'll make sure to bring some glazed doughnuts for you and save a slice." Sameerah said, picking up her bag.

     "Sure, let me walk you out." Hafsah said and walked out with Sameerah.

     "Hafsah I don't want you sucking faces with him while I'm gone." Sameerah said seriously.

     "I'm not promising anything but I'll try my best not to kiss him. Who knew kissing could be so magical?" Hafsah said the last part to herself and sighed dreamily.

     "I heard that. Seriously though, don't kiss him. You're only going to lead him on." Sameerah said and stopped a keke.

     "I won't. I'll talk to you later." Hafsah said and hugged her bye.

     She went back into the house and watched a movie until the nurse arrived with the drips. "Good evening nurse." Hafsah greeted her.

     "Evening Hafsah. Here are the drugs and drips. He'll take two tablets of this every night for three days, one tablet of this once in a day for a week and then, this injection just for tonight. You'll make sure to give him the drips at low speed. A drop every three seconds and I guess you know how to adjust the drip. That should be all for now, hopefully." Hafsah nodded and escorted her to the door.

     "Wake up Zayden." she said, shaking him lightly. He didn't budge so she shook him again. "Zayden wake up." He stirred and opened his eyes slowly, smiling at her.

     "Wake up and eat something so that you can take your drugs." she told him and helped him get up, then went ahead to bring dinner for him.

     "Eat this Zayden." she said, spooning some into his mouth. He had a smile playing on his lips as she fed him. He had missed her a lot and seeing her take care of him, he just couldn't contain his happiness.

     He finished eating and she gave him his drugs then prepared the drip.

     "Pull your trouser down a bit Zayden, I have to inject you." Hafsah smirked. His eyes widened when he heard the word 'inject'. "No no. You can't, I mean I can't, damn fuck it you aren't injecting me." He panicked.

     "I am, now turn your little bubble butt here baby." she laughed.

     "Please Hafsah, skip the injection and give me the drip." he begged with puppy eyes.

     "Let's make a deal then. I'll kiss you if you let me inject you." she smirked, knowing he couldn't refuse her. He groaned and pulled his trouser down a bit letting her inject him.

     "Ouch!" he winced. "Done! Did you die though?" she laughed.

     "My kiss." he replied. "No no. I'm not kissing you." she said and turned to leave but he grabbed her hand, pulling her towards him. Just as he was about to kiss her, she jumped.

     "Cockroach!" she squealed and released his hand then ran into the living room. "Come back here babe!" he said and followed her into the living room, pinning her against the wall.

     Her breathing became rapid as she looked into his eyes. 'Don't let him kiss you.' Sameerah's words rang in her head but it was too late, his lips were already on hers and she couldn't pull away. Instead, she pulled him closer to her and let their lips move in sync.