Chapter 5

They had finished their exams and everyone was set to go home. Hafsah and Sameerah rode with Zayden since he was going to Abuja through Kaduna.
Farouq on the other hand lived in Kano so he left earlier, not without kissing Sameerah bye.

     The ride was filled with laughter because Zayden kept telling them the stupid things he had done as a child. "I can't believe this!" Hafsah laughed really hard. "Me too." Sameerah added in a fit of laughter.

     "Oops! We're here." Zayden said. Sameerah hugged Hafsah and took her luggage from the trunk. Zayden had dropped her off first at Malali before taking Hafsah to Ungwan rimi.

     "Thanks for-" Hafsah started.

     "I've told you to stop thanking me for dropping you off. But if you want to thank me, you can just give me a kiss." Zayden smirked then made a kissy face.

     Hafsah hugged him and gave him a kiss on his cheek. "I'll miss you." Hafsah said.

     "I'll miss you too babe. I'll call you when I get to Abuja." he replied, kissing her forehead.

     When she got down, he drove off. Hafsah knocked on the gate to their house and Ibrahim, their gateman, ran to open the gate.

     "Welcome Hafsah." he greeted.

     "Thank you. Good afternoon uncle Ibrahim." she greeted too. He offered to carry her luggage but she declined.

     "Mum, dad, Ihsan, I'm home." She called out.
Ihsan was her younger sister and was only in the second grade. After the birth of Hafsah and Hafeez, her mum found it difficult to conceive but Allah answered her prayers and blessed her with a girl.

     Shortly after Ihsan was born, Hafeez died in a plane crash. It was a hard time for the family, especially Hafsah. She wouldn't eat, drink or talk to anyone. It got to a point where her parents thought therapy would be best for her. But she refused. It didn't stop her parents though. They brought home a renowned therapist, Dr AbdulKadir, who helped Hafsah come to terms with her twin's death.

     "Hafsah!" Ihsan jumped in joy and crushed her older sister into a hug.

     "Ihsan." Hafsah smiled, pulling at her cute chubby cheeks.

     "What did you buy for me?" she asked happily. "Oreo and lots of chocolate." Hafsah replied.

     Ihsan squealed and snatched the disposable bag from Hafsah. Hafsah chuckled and asked, "Where's mum and dad?"

     "They went out." Ihsan replied, munching on the oreo.

     "Could you please make your delicious oreo fudge for me?" Ihsan asked with puppy eyes.

     "I will, let me go freshen up first." Hafsah replied and proceeded to her room.

     Aisha, their help had finished preparing lunch so she called Hafsah down. "Thank you. I got something for you." Hafsah thanked Aisha and gave her a paper bag.

     "Thank you Hafsah." Aisha thanked her and collected the bag.

     After eating, Hafsah retired to her room. She closed the blinds and put on the air conditioner. Just as she was about to fall asleep, Zayden's call came in.

     "Hey baby." she hollered. "Hey babe, I just got home." he answered.

     "Alhamdullilah. Say hi to your fam." Hafsah said. "I will, eaten yet?" he asked her. Hafsah yawned, she didn't understand why people asked that question. "Yeah. I was just about to fall asleep when your call came in."