Chapter 7

"Wakey wakey sleepy head! Time to get ready for school." Hafsah said, lightly poking Ihsan.

     "One more minute." Ihsan groaned, turning over to her side.

     "It's 7:00am already, you'll be late Ihsan." Hafsah told her.

     "Argh! Can you just let me sleep?" Ihsan complained.

     "Okay." Hafsah replied, a mischievous glint in her eyes. She started tickling Ihsan who squirmed and laughed.

     "Will you get up now?" Hafsah laughed. "Nope!" Ihsan laughed too. Hafsah tickled her harder and then she sat up.

     "Why don't you ever let me get enough sleep?" Ihsan whined, yawning.

     "Up up up." Hafsah said, picking her up and taking her into the bathroom.

     At 7:30am, Ihsan was ready and already eating her breakfast at the dining table. Hafsah was inside her room getting ready so that she could drop Ihsan off at school.

     She put on nice sweatpants and a sweatshirt, pulled her hair up in a bun and covered it. She went downstairs to find Ihsan impatiently waiting by the door of her Honda CRV. Hafsah opened the car and they got in.

     Hafsah got the car and her license as her eighteenth birthday gift from her father. He told her she could take it to school but she refused. She wasn't one to live a flashy lifestyle.

     Ihsan turned up the volume of the radio as she sang and danced to the music.

     "You will never change." Hafsah chuckled, driving out of their estate and unto the main road.

     "Hafsah do you have a boyfriend?" Ihsan asked, blushing. "Why do you ask?" Hafsah asked back.

     "Because...my best friend said her sister's boyfriend buys ice cream for her. I want your boyfriend to buy ice cream for me too." Ihsan said, pouting her lips.

     "My boyfriend stays in Abuja." Hafsah told her, turning into the street that led to Queensfield Schools.

     "When is he going to visit us?" Ihsan asked. "He isn't visiting us yet, now go down." Hafsah replied shooing her out of the car.

     Ihsan got down and stood by the car, waiting for Hafsah to get down. Hafsah got down and locked the car, holding Ihsan by the hand and taking her inside. After signing her in, Hafsah gave her a hug and a chocolate from her pocket.

     "Thank you. I want an extra for my best friend." Ihsan beamed.

     "And who's your friend?" Hafsah asked. Ihsan answered her by pulling her towards a young girl and a guy that looked to be in his mid twenties.

     "This is Maya, my bestest friend." Ihsan grinned.
Hafsah smiled and pulled Maya's cheeks.

     "Hey Maya, this is for you." she said and handed a chocolate bar to her.

     "Uh-uh. Don't I get a chocolate too?" The extremely dashing and handsome young man asked, raising his brows in amusement. Hafsah blushed and replied.

     "I don't have one left."

     "Well I really want one." he said, pouting his lips like a five year old.

     "Um- I guess I'll give Ihsan one for you tomorrow." Hafsah replied, fumbling with her keys.

     "Bye Hafsah, bye uncle Haneed." Ihsan said and skipped away with Maya.