Chapter 2

Klaus' POV
I looked at Rue as she played around in the backseat with Rebekah,

Rebekah had done her hair, and she was holding her favorite toy, which was a wolf plush

Rebekah had done her hair, and she was holding her favorite toy, which was a wolf plush. Elijah glanced at me while driving, Rue was in love with Beauty and The Beast, she's watched the movie more than a million times, and she still is entertained by it. Rue looked at me smiling,
she said" Daddy, come sit back here with me."
I said" Elijah, could you.." he nodded then pulled over, Rebekah and I switched spots and I sat next to her and she cuddled into me. She's probably still tired due to two nightmares in one night, I wrapped an arm around her and then grabbed her blanket from her bag, and wrapped it around her shoulders. We had another hour till we even got to the market so she could take a nap before we got there. She held her plush then fell asleep very quickly, I looked at Rebekah and Elijah.
Rebekah whispered" And the Hybrid has a heart after all." She smiled as she teased me, Elijah looked at her amusingly then focused on the road. We would have just ran there but knowing Rue she would be getting a lot of things from the market.

Once we got to the market, I woke Rue up, she whined," Are we there yet?"
I said" Yes, we are, little one."
She squeaked," Yay!"
We got out of the car and I held her on my hip as we walked away from the car and she looked around. Rebekah smiled at her and grabbed her bag that was falling from her shoulder, we walked around for a few minutes till Rue said" Look! The cupcakes!"
I said" Hmm, I don't think you need cupcakes."
Elijah said" Rue, go get some cupcakes. I'll join you." He took her from my arms and they walked to the cupcakes, I sighed then smiled, I laughed,
Rebekah said" She's got all of us wrapped around her fingers, and if Kol returns, I swear she'll get him in a matter of seconds."
I said" Probably will."
" Probaby? Most definitely will."
" Yes." Once Elijah and Rue returned to us with a box of cupcakes, I smiled and then took her back into my arms. She giggled and held onto me, I put her down and held her hand as we walked to more stands.
Rue was looking at jewelry with Rebekah, Elijah and I stood waiting for them to be ready to go to the next stand. Elijah said" Niklaus, look who's here." I turned to him and saw him looking at the Salvatore brothers, they were looking at us. I looked at Rebekah and Rue, they turned to us, Rebekah lifted her onto her hip and walked to us, I nodded to the side, Rebekah glanced over and then gave rue to me. Rue cuddled into me,
I said" Come on, I saw a candy apple stand, a few back."
Rue said" Okay, daddy!" She smiled widely and then we walked to the stand, and somehow we ended up with 10 caramel apples." Slides!" She squeaked and squirmed till I put her down and she ran to the play set, I followed her and sat down, Elijah and Rebekah were taking things to the car. I leaned back, crossing my arms, making sure Rue stayed where she was supposed to me. Then I saw Stefan and Damon on the other side of the play set, near Rue, I listened in,
Stefan said" Damon, she's a kid, she doesn't anything."
Damon said" Well, we should find out. She's with them."
" She's a human."
" She's still living with the original family." They walked to Rue," Hey, kid, what's your name?" Rue got frightened and then I saw Elijah and Rebekah walking toward us, Rue looked at Stefan and Damon then took off running to Elijah, Good girl.

Elijah's POV
Rebekah and I started walking back to the park, where Niklaus and Rue were, since Rue wanted to play and we wanted her to run energy. I saw Stefan and Damon Salvatore talking with my niece, then Rue started running to us while they chased after her,
Rebekah said" Rue!" Then ran to catch the girl, I followed her, Rue crashed into Rebekah's arms, Rebekah instantly held her and rocked her, I stood behind her, Stefan and Damon looked at me,
I said" What are you doing talking with my niece?"
Damon said" What does she know?"
" Nothing. Now, if you may excuse us." I placed my hand on Rebekah's back as she stood up and held Rue on her hip. I took Rue into my arms and held her as we walked away from them and to Niklaus.
Niklaus said" Good girl, Rue, that was brave of you." She smiled and I put her down, She scooted onto his lap and he kissed her head." Shall we be going now?" She nodded as he stood up and we walked to the car with the bags they had gotten while we were gone.
Rue was being crazy in the backseat, while I sitting next to her and Rebekah was driving.
Rue said" Look daddy!" Niklaus turned to her and she had on a mask that was supposedly a wolf but it looked more of a cat, but we would never tell her that.
Niklaus said" Good job, little one, scare your uncle." Rue turned to me and growled, I smiled," Oh, come on, Elijah, doesn't that scare you?"
I said" Very much, I'm lost for words."
Rue squeaked then took off the mask, and played with other little toys she had gotten at the market.
Once we arrived back home, Rue jumped out and ran to the door, we grabbed all the bags and then walked to her, she opened the door and then we walked in. She ran to the kitchen, as we followed with the bags, once we sat down the bags, she instantly started digging through them, I chuckled as she nearly hit Niklaus' head with an apple. He caught it then put it away, She scooted onto the counter and then grabbed a cupcake, she sat on the counter watching us put everything away and in the proper place.