Chapter 9

Elijah's POV
I sped around the entire town of Mystic Falls then sped outside of the town in the forest. I finally found a trace of her, then smiled, I sped to her and swooped her into my arms. She screamed but stopped as she noticed me, I said" Oh, princess, you're okay, you're okay." I hugged her tightly, she wrapped her arms around me, tightly," Are you okay? Are you hurt? Did someone hurt her?"
She was shivering, I put her down as I took off my coat and wrapped it around her, I lifted her back up into my arms. She said" I'm cold, Uncle Elijah." I nodded and held her tighter, then sped us back to the house, she gripped my shirt as we walked in.
I said" Move." They moved as I sat her by the fire and stood up," I'll be right back, Rue, I have to have a talk with the adults." She nodded, sniffling a bit, I motioned everyone into the kitchen, they followed," Niklaus, will kill you when he discovers his child was alone in the forest while his horrid mother was on the loose."
They all tensed up, Elena said" Elijah, come on, she wasn't hurt physically, Klaus doesn't need to know."
" Niklaus will know, I will inform him the minute he is stable and his daughter is safely in his arms."
I walked out and then to Rue, she fell asleep, I lifted her up and carried her to the couch, I sat down and sat her next to me. I continued to search for my brothers and sister, I didn't care about anyone else but them.

Once we found where Ester was keeping them, we didn't have much time. I put Rue down and then kissed her head, I said" I'll be back soon, and I won't be alone." Rue smiled, knowing I meant her father, uncle and aunt.
Once we arrived at the place they were being kept, I sped in and snapped Finn's neck. I stopped, then the Mystic Falls team came in, then I heard my mother say" Elijah, Dear, how have you been?"
I said" Release my siblings and the two vampires."
" Why? I just want our family together."
" We do not want you, we are very fine with just us."
Niklaus said" Elijah, kill her!"
" Sorry, mother." I sped to her and snapped her neck, I released my siblings then Stefan and Damon. I wrapped my arm around Niklaus' stomach to keep him up," Where is she? Rue?"
" Safe and sound at the Salvatore's, let's get you to her." He nodded, then we started walking, once I got him out, I went back for Rebekah and Kol.
Kol said" We need blood before we return to Rue."
" I know, I'll find some, let's get you out." I helped him up then Rebekah, I helped the two outside then we all left.
I found them a bus of people and let them feed, I stood outside the bus, then once everyone was dead.
I said" We'll clean up before going to Rue."
Niklaus said" Is she okay?"
" She's okay, Niklaus."
" Are you sure?"
" Niklaus, she's okay. You'll see for yourself when we get back."
They cleaned their faces and hands before we walked into the Salvatore house.

Klaus' POV
We walked into the house, I heard Rue's voice say" Uncle Elijah?" He smiled,
He said" Yes?"
" Did you rescue daddy?"
" Come here." I heard her small feet patter against the wood and then she appeared at the entrance. I smiled, crouching down,
" Daddy!" She ran to me and jumped into my arms, pushing me to the ground. I smiled, wrapping my arms around her tightly, kissing her head, I rubbed her hair," I missed you!"
I said" I missed you too, little one, so much." I sat up, holding her in my arms, I wiped my eyes, feeling tears weld in my eyes.
" Daddy, why are you crying? Are you sad?"
" No, I'm crying because I missed you so much and I love having you in my arms again." I kissed her head and then stood up, holding her in my arms.
Kol said" Hand her over, Nik, I wanna hug her." I chuckled then put Rue into Kol's arms, he squeezed her to death but I think her grip was tighter. She squeaked," You're breaking my neck, little one, but I can heal." He kissed her head and put her down, Rebekah kissed her head, hugging her. Rue came back into my arms, I held her on my hip, She cuddled into my side, as I looked at the Mystic Falls group, Elijah had a glare on Tyler,
I said" What happened while I was away?"
Elijah said" They lost Rue when they were supposed to be watching her while I was searching for you because she needed to eat."
" What do you mean lost her?"
" She ran away when Tyler frightened her, and they couldn't find her, so they returned here, and I went out and found her. It was quite late when I did."
" Rue, little one, go with your Aunt Rebekah for a moment."
Rue said" He only scare me 'cause he wanted to use me to get to Finn, he said Finn was your brother." I handed her over to Rebekah, who took her away from us so we could discuss without frightening her.
" You we're going to use my daughter as bait to get to Finn?"
Tyler said" Klaus, it- its wasn't like that, I swear."
" My daughter doesn't lie, Tyler, she's honest. But since she is still in the same house as you, you're lucky, Kol go retrieve the girls, we're going home now." Kol walked off,
Once they arrived back to us, I put Rue onto my hip and then walked out, we got into the car, Rue refused to sit without me so I was holding her in my arms as she was lulled to sleep by my heartbeat. I smiled, looking at her as I rubbed her hair, I kissed her head then looked to my siblings.
Elijah said" She's missed you dearly, all three of you."
I said" I would be surprised if she didn't, she depends on us as if we're a life source."
Rebekah said" Because we are, we're her life source, she's only alive because we take care of her."
Kol said" We protect her."
I said" Always and Forever."