Chapter 16

Klaus' POV
Rue woke up from her nap, but she continued to cuddle into my side, I rubbed her hair till she looked up at me.
She mumbled" I don't like being on my period."
I said" I can tell, darling."
" Meanie."
" I know, Grumpy." 
" Jerk."
" Very well known too." She laughed and smiled," There's that amazing laughter and Smile."
———
Rue's period finally left her, and now she was back to her normal, happy, crazy self and it was quite entertaining seeing as she hadn't left her room for a week. She ran to Kol and tackled him to the ground, hugging him tightly and laughing as Kol groaned then laughed with her.
Rebekah said" Kol, you were just tackled by a 110 pound teenage girl, how do you feel?"
Kol said" Great, lost my dignity but great." Rue laughed and got up, Rebekah hugged her and kissed her head. She let go of Rue then smiled, Rue ran to Elijah as he walked into the room and he just opened his arms, so she could fall into them when she tripped... she tripped and fell into his arms laughing.
Rue was jumping around the room, as she got excited about Elijah agreeing with watching a movie of her choice. She smiled as Elijah sighed in defeat, and then stood up, She said" Ha Ha!" Elijah looked at me,
I said" This is absolutely amazing."
" Come on, Uncle Elijah! You promised."
" And remember, Brother, you never break your promises."
Elijah chuckled then sped to Rue, she smiled at him and he sighed before holding out his hand. She squeaked then grabbed his hand and dragged him upstairs.

Once Elijah and Rue came downstairs, Elijah was bickering and it was quite amusing. Elijah said" Why do they act like that?"
Rue said" Because it's fictional, Uncle Elijah, they don't know how you truly act."
" It's quite ridiculous."
" You're quite annoying."
" You are as well, darling."
" I know this, did you forget that, because you usually don't forget anything."
" Hilarious, Rue."
" Oh, yeah. Learned it from Uncle Kol, he's smart when he wants to be, which is on occasion."
Kol screamed" You back stabber!"
" Uh-Oh! Dad! Help me! Save me from the psychopath!" Rue ran to my side and held onto me, I laughed and then wrapped an arm around her.
" Im gonna get you, Rue Mikaelson!" He sped to us and I grabbed his arm, He laughed and pulled Rue away from me and then tickled her. She squeaked, laughing like crazy, then she squirmed, trying to get away from him.
She screamed" Ahahaha! Okay! Okay! I get it! You psychopath!" 
Kol laughed evilly, then said" Yes, I am a psychopath! And then again, I'm your favorite uncle!"
" Shut up!" She laughed then held onto him as he spun her around then stopped tickling her.

Rue said" Dad! I'm going to the corner store! Be back soon!"
I said" Alright, don't take too long, I'll become worried!"
" Okay!" Then I heard her go through the door, I continued to paint.
After an hour passed, I stopped painting and walked into Rue's room, I said" Rue, darling.." but stopped as I saw the room was empty, I gulped then walked downstairs,
I yelled" Kol! Is Rue with you?!" Kol walked out of the kitchen,
He said" No, why?"
" She's not in her room."
" She's probably around here somewhere, let me check." He sped around the entire compound then stopped in front of me," She's not here, at all. Didn't she say she was going to the corner store.. like an hour ago?"
" It's been an hour!" We both looked at each other then sped out of the compound and down the street, we got to the store and she wasn't there, I breathed heavily then looked at Kol, He got scared.
" She's not here, she's not anywhere. Nik, where'd she go?"
" I don't know, Kol, but we need find her immediately."
" Yeah, I'll call Elijah and Rebekah." Then pulled out his phone, I looked at the street then grabbed my phone and called Rue's phone but she didn't pick up. I walked out and then followed Kol back to the compound, He looked at me then hissed, I turned around to see one of Marcel's vampires. I growled and sped to him, grabbing his shirt,
I said" Where is my daughter?!"
He said" I don't know."
" Where is she?!" My eyes glowed then I bit him, I threw him down," Tell your sire that I want my daughter back or I will continue this bargain for war and it will get far worse." He sped off, I turned to Kol and we walked to the compound.

Elijah said" What do you want to do, Niklaus?"
I said" We will wait till Marcellus decides to answer back at my request."
" And if he does not?"
" We will continue the war he brought on."
" Alright."

After a while, I waited by the door then Marcellus came in, He chuckled as he saw me pace back and forth, nervously. He said" Is that Klaus Mikaelson nervous?"
I said" No, Angry. Now give me my daughter before I rip your heart out of your chest."
" See... that's gonna get her killed, my vampires are waiting till midnight, if I've not returned, then They will kill her and bring her head on a pike to Your door."
" What do you want, Marcellus?"
" I want you to suffer."
" Fine. If that's what it takes to get my daughter back, then fine. Return her to me." He sped off then came back a few minutes later with Rue over his shoulder.
" Here's your daughter." He dropped her down, and I caught her before she could hit the ground.
" Rue, Rue, luv, are you alright?"
She mumbled" Dad?"
" Yeah, Rue, I'm here."
" What's going on?"
" I'm going away for a while, Your aunt and Uncles are gonna take care of you, alright?"
" No, don't leave me."
" Ive got to, for your protection."
" No, please." I kissed her head and then turned to my siblings, Kol instantly came over to me and took Rue into his arms, she screamed and then pushed away from him, trying to get to me.
I said" Everything will be okay, Rue. I promise it will." I looked at Marcellus then he daggered me with Papa Tunde's dagger. I saw Kol pull Rue into his chest and cover her face then everything went black....
but I did hear Rue's scream" Im going to find you!"

Rue's POV
I screamed" Im going to find you!"
The man, Marcellus, said" Do you not even know the truth, Rue? He's not your actual father, He found you being killed and decided to kill your parents and raise you as his own. Which is strange since he usually doesn't do the right thing."
" You're Lying!"
" No, I'm not kid, I'm telling you the truth."
" No, you're not!"
" Yes, I am! He's Klaus Mikaelson, the killer of men, women and children! He doesn't give a damn about anyone but himself."
" You're lying!"
" Goodbye, Rue Mikaelson." Then he was gone with my dad, I crashed into Uncle Kol's arms and cried into his chest.
Uncle Kol said" He's not wrong, darling, Nik might not be your biological father but he still is your dad, he loves you with all his heart, Rue, he does."
I mumbled" Why didn't he just tell me himself?"
" Because he was scared he'd loose you and he can't loose you, darling. You're everything to him."
" Oh, my god. I don't know what to... Uncle Kol, I.."
" Shh, shh, darling, no need to be frightened." He sped me to his room and laid me down, I whimpered, and he laid down next to me. I cuddled into his chest, then closed my eyes, What am I supposed to do now?