Chapter 3

Klaus' POV
Rue was downstairs, I was getting dressed, Elijah and Rebekah were out of the house doing something. I heard the door bell ring, then Rue walking to the door, Rue said" Who are you?" I stood up, then I heard the familiar voice of Kol Mikaelson,
He said" I'm Kol, who are you?"
" Rue. How do you know my family?"
" Who's your family?"
" The Mikaelson Family."
" Rue, who's your dad?"
" Niklaus Mikaelson." I smiled then walked downstairs, speeding to her and lifting her up as she started hitting me for spooking her." Daddy! I'm telling Aunt Rebekah!"
" Nik, she's your kid?"
I said" Yes, what're you doing back, brother?"
" Rebekah called, said there was some trouble brewing with the Mystic Falls boys."
" Come in." He walked in, we walked to the living room and sat on opposite seats, I sat Rue down on the couch as I got up," I'll go get some drinks. I'll be right back." I walked away from them, and into the kitchen, I listened in,
Rue said" So, you're my uncle?"
Kol said" I guess I am, but I promise you, I'm probably a lot more fun than Elijah."
Rue giggled," How?"
" I'm younger for one, meaning I'm always gonna be more fun than him. I'm funny, he's most certainly not. Ah, and the last, I'm quite the prankster, have you ever pulled any pranks?"
" Yeah! Once I switched my daddy's toothpaste with glue, and once he brushed his teeth, he chased me through the house till Aunt Rebekah told him off. Then.. then, then, I put stick notes all over Uncle Elijah's room, with the help of my daddy since I couldn't reach."
" Good pranks. You're quite the little mischievous one, aren't you?"
" Yeah!" I smiled, then walked out with drinks, I sat next to Rue," Daddy, where's Uncle Elijah and Aunt Rebekah?"
I said" I don't know, little one, but they'll be back soon."
She nodded," Okay, Aunt Rebekah said we'd make pancakes." She pouted, realizing as she waited it'd get later,
Kol said" I for one know your dad can't make pancakes, so how about we go make some ourselves?"
" Okay!" Then she got up, running to him and grabbing his hand then running to the kitchen. I laughed and sat back, shaking my head, then got up, walking to the kitchen.

Kol's POV
I had a niece, a giant surprise to me, but I didn't mind her, she's quite adorable. I lifted her onto the counter as we got out things for making pancakes. Klaus said" I'll be upstairs if you need me." Rue and I both nodded and then he left us on our own,
I said" Well, lets start making these things." She smiled, nodding her head excitedly, we started making pancakes. I was mixing the bowl when flour landed in my hair, I turned to Rue to see her smiling innocently, she looked down," Okay, we shouldn't be starting a food fight, but what's the fun in this?" I grabbed a little bit of flour then threw it at her, she erupted in giggles as we continued to throw flour at each other, and sometimes missing.
Once we got to the pancakes, the kitchen was destroyed, and we were laughing too much to hear the door open. I heard Rebekah say" What is going on here?" Rue and I froze, then looked at Rebekah," Kol, you're back! But what did you do?"
I said" Well... she started it."
" You two made pancakes but had a food fight, didn't you?"
" Yes, and... want some pancakes?"
" Do not try that, look at the mess you two have made, where's Nik?"
" Upstairs."
" Nik! Get down here." Elijah looked at us, he smiled then shook his head, Nik came down, he laughed and looked at us.
Nik said" Well, you two seem to get along quite well."
Rue said" He's funny."
" I know, he's my brother, little one, now want to tell me how this started?"
" I threw flour at him, then he threw it back, then everything else is white fog." I stifled a laugh, then smiled as Rebekah glared at me," Don't be mad, Aunt Bexs, it was just a game!"
Rebekah said" I know, dear, now go get cleaned up, the both of you, while I clean this mess up. Elijah help me, Nik go help Rue get that flour out of her hair." I lifted Rue up into my arms and then carried her to Nik, the three of us walked upstairs. I put her down in front of Nik as I went to my old room, and she went to hers.

Klaus' POV
I put Rue into her tub, as I mixed bubbled into it and then started washing her hair, since I knew she couldn't get the flour out on her own.

Once she was clean, she got dressed then we walked downstairs, Rebekah lifted Rue into her arms and then walked to the living room, I followed in suit. We sat down and then Rue crawled back to me and sat on my lap, I smiled then wrapped my arms around her and kissed her head,
I said" Alright, Little one, we still have a full day ahead of us, what shall we do? How shall we torture your Uncle Kol?"
Kol walked in, saying" What did I do, Brother?" He smiled at Rue and walked to us, sitting down next to us, I smiled.
" Rue, where do you want to go today?"
Rue said" Uh... uh... Oh! Aunt Rebekah! Come'er!" Rebekah stood up and took the child into her arms, walking off.
Once they came back,
Rebekah said" The Mall!" Kol, Elijah and I groaned," Oh, shut it, and let's go!" Rue smiled, then we all agreed, instantly wanting to make her laugh and smile. Kol sped by Rebekah and took Rue into his arms, I heard Rue's laughter as Kol raced through the house with her in his arms. They stopped as they got out the front door, Rue squeaked laughing and smiling. Elijah, Rebekah and I joined them and went to the car, I chuckled as Rue tripped over her own feet once again, but I caught the back of her shirt before she could hit the ground. I lifted her into my arms and then put her into the car, we all got in and then Elijah drove off.