• four

MAYBE LIFE
ISNT ABOUT
AVOIDING THE BRUISES.
MAYBE IT'S ABOUT
COLLECTING THE SCARS
TO PROVE WE
SHOWED UP FOR IT

She had been on a duel before, against Lucius Malfoy, which was still to this very day the worst decision she'd ever made

She had been on a duel before, against Lucius Malfoy, which was still to this very day the worst decision she'd ever made. It was needless to say it had ended poorly for both parties. So naturally, she had been wary when she first walked into the Room of Requirement to meet with the Marauders, expecting an ambush and several jinxes to be thrown her way. Never in a million years did she imagine she would be ending the evening with tears running down her cheeks due to the incessant laughter. This was definitely more fun than trying to physically modify Lucius. Disarming your opponent and trying to outsmart them had nothing on some classic jinxes, which happened to be the Marauders' specialities.

Now, every time Sirius cast a spell it conjured a rubber duck that flew out of his wand and pathetically landed two feet away from him, making her break into a fit of laughter all over again. All courtesy of James Potter. They had stopped actually duelling ages ago, with all of the duelers claiming they had won. Peter sat on the sidelines throughout the entire ordeal, providing them with snacks and occasionally cheering them on, Remus and Alexis ended up sitting by his side as they all watched James and Sirius having a go at each other. The two cheeky masters of mischief provided them with all the entertainment needed, and after many 'Episkeys' and face-stuffing they decided to call it a night. It wasn't until that very instant that Alexis became self-aware of how much she'd been enjoying herself, feeling genuinely displeased she now had to part ways with the group. Her good spirits were quickly overturned as they exited the room and ran into none other than Lily Evans, who unfortunately happened to be walking on that exact corridor at that exact time.

Her feud with Lily stopped being personal a long time ago, but Alexis could feel how the Gryffindor projected all of her insecurities onto her which caused a hostile environment between the two. Truth be told, she didn't have any strong opinions regarding the red-head, she simply disliked Lily because Lily disliked her. On the other hand, the boys looked quite happy to see her, greeting her with cheers and hugs that she mostly reciprocated. It was James who looked the most elated, his entire demeanour changing with her mere presence. "Lilypad," he greeted her with a charming smirk plastered on his lips. It was then that Alexis was reminded of James Potter's infatuation with Lily Evans, and for some bizarre reason, the thought made her uncomfortable.

"Potter," Lily snarled as a reply. "What were you all doing there?" She eyed them all suspiciously, purposely avoiding eye contact with Alexis.

"Oh, we were duelling--Well, sort of," Remus explained, offering his fellow Gryffindor a friendly smile as he elaborated. "Remember that duelling club I talked to you about? We were preparing for it. Sort of."

Lily didn't look particularly interested and instead just nodded her head. Once again, she directed her words at the boys and completely ignored Alexis' presence. "We should get going, then. It's getting late and I don't want you's getting more detention."